Health in Turbo

Started by Ruatine, March 17, 2004, 02:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruatine

*is bemused*

In Turbo, no matter how many turns I use in a non-war activity, my health never goes past 98%. Very odd.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

The Weasel Liberation Mov

How high is your tax rate?
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

wolf bite

Lower your tax rate to 11% or 10% and see if it goes up to 100% health.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ruatine

Heh, I've been playing this game for over a year and I never knew that. Why do you have to lower your tax rate for your health to get to 100%?  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

IFman

it's just something that happens
*has 85% health & 40% tax rate (The highest without deserters)
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

wolf bite

(From Wolf Bite's journal)

Workers
Workers come faster then they leave.  They really are not the most important factor to watch in the game.  After you have spent much time playing, little notice is taken of them.  For a light benefit in cash (barely worth the time to do) you can manipulate your workers to make you more money.  Before attacking, lower you tax rate to 5%.  Then take land.  Your workers will love your horde and will rush onto your vacant land.  Then before building, raise your tax rate to the maximum. (40%).  Build on your land.  As your turns are used to build, your workers will slowly leave, but you will be taxing them a lot as they go.  Thus making more money then you would have.  Remember that a high tax rate will NOT let you get to full health.  So lower your tax rate to 10 or 11% before looting or foraging to full health.

Tax Rate
It has been said to me that the best tax rate is 29% by someone that went into the programming to figure it out.  This may be true, but the difference is very slight.  The higher you tax your workers, the more leave.  The lower you tax your workers, the faster they come. Therefore a high tax rate will have less workers to tax.  There really is not much of a difference and keeping at about 10 or 11% tax should work in all but the most drastic times.

Tents
Tent have to do with how many workers you will have to tax.  The amount changes based on your tax rate, so it is always changing.  2 workers typically will ?live? on land with buildings on it.  I have never found how many will live on vacant land because it would require me to spend 300 turns with all vacant land to figure it out.  But more then 2 and less then 100 will live on vacant land.  100 workers will typically live in tents.  So tents are a way to pick up your workers so that you can have more of them to tax.  I find that when you have low land and are having money troubles, it is good to have about 10 tents to every 100 markets.  After you have a lot more land, you will have less need for them because of all the workers living on the built land and the workers coming and going as you take and lose land.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Wolf Snare

awsome... I'll keep it in mind. Thanks
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)