Spring break CANADA

Started by Peace Alliance, March 13, 2004, 04:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juby (Tercios)

agreed, it would take years to catch up as far as quality goes, we could probably though make a decent one though because of our high intellectual capital levels, we have alot of expertise in virtually all technology fields.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Gen. Volkov

Well, that's debatable. High intellectual per capita levels you mean? I suppose so.. and you do have experience in all fields of technology. But it also takes experience with these weapons, something you, thankfully, do not have. SO yes you could build a one, and it would probably be pretty good. Like you said, decent, but it depends on what kind of weapon you were trying to build. And what kind of yield you wanted. Because it took years to get the current yield levels we have on our big H-bombs. But then.. it doesn't really matter how much bigger the yield is past about 10 megatons or so.. so whatever, you are essentially correct, and I don't feel like quibbling over the small stuff.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juby (Tercios)

Intellectual capital is a measure of the workforce, Canada has very very high levels which is why we suffer brain drain (Canadians moving out of the country because foreign companies entice them with very high salaries) much like certain provinces in India that developed first world conditions just to have their workers enticed to other provinces, their for the investment into education for some individuals by the provincial governemtn was wasted.  Canada is amound the leaders in the world as far as how many people pursue post secondary education per capita.  Intellectual Capital basically shows how much a nation has invested into innovation, education and technology by the skill focus of it's people, in this case, intellectual employ.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Gen. Volkov

Ah. I see. I thought it was something like that. Ok. Thanks for the little explanation. *Adds to inventory*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Cindarin

Ok rofl.  I read the first few pages of posts... yea.  Let's just put the whole Canada / America thing this way.  America goes in and blows everythig up.  Canada comes in and cleans up the mess.  See how well our two nations work together?  Anyway, Paul Martin blows... bring back Jean Cretien!!  See what happens when you vote for the liberals?  There leader goes and then they suck.  Let that be a valued lesson to you people who didn't vote for the Green Party!!!

Anywho, I just went out to the movies friday night, had people at my place sat night, went to my dad's hockey game tuesday night where I met two friends who were watchen thier dad play (both our dad's are on the same team), then friday night I went to a friends, got home found out Peace was back, going skiing in... 5 hours 30 min.  Ugh.. well not really... I have to get up that early, not skiing until around 10.  Thats 7 hours 30 min away.  Then i'ts back to school... ... i hate school.
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

Germania

Since facts can not lead to a decisive "better" country, this whole topic has become pointless with opinionated bickering. The entire thing is far too broad. Is Canada a better place to live? According to the UN maybe, but why does their opinion matter? What if their facts are flawed. What if it's totally irrelevant to if I think it's a better place to live.

You can compare statistics, but they can be wrong. They can also be interpreted differently by different people.

The entire concept of which country is better is a waste of time. It's all in the Eye of the Beholder.

Sonoras

April 8th....just going to stay home and do nothing.