A strategey that is plain stupid

Started by Domitian, November 13, 2003, 02:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domitian

Well as most of you guys know Rome members have a lot of guards. We are pretty good in my opion. A lot of your clans have declared war on us. I have no problem with you guys having a problem with with us and fighting us. What I dont get are some of the attacks you have been making.

2 Blades members, Jerry and Guardians of the Blade, attacked me each 10 times within an hour I think. They failed all 10 times. Why keep going if you failed the first 5 times? Obviously you cant break the person your attacking. And Jerry is ranked like 30. So why?

Even worse then that is Juskabally. He attacked me when he was rank like 40 and myself rank 5. At least with the other 2 I was only rank 10. So I am just wondering why some one would keep attacking some one they cant break if they know they will loose. Yes it took down my networth, but it took theirs down a lot more. I know they want me down in ranks, or even dead, but why not just build up and attack me instead of killing yourself? Does anyone have an answer? I am just wondering.  
 Domitian of the Roman Empire, one of the 11 Emperors.

Shogun

I do that sometimes, attack a person that is higher up than  me. But if I fail the first time, I stop. I dont get why they would just keep doing that and loosing men...
My siggy died :(

Nohcnonk

Heh, some people would do it just to wear away at ROME's troops in this case :lol:  

Ashyra Nightwing

Yes... If I don't break the first time, I leave them until I've made quite a few more skiffs..

fingo

If I don't break them I'll try with another thing if I don't break with that I stop.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

The Lady Shael

They must be very desperate.

If I don't break someone, I usually try something else, and if that doesn't work, I just stop. Unless it's someone I really dislike, and I'd do anything to take them down. Then I just attack them over and over hoping to break through, or at least damage their troops, and I never break through, so I stop.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Juska

I am Juskabally, In my case a want to take out ROME at least I did at the that time so I decided to see if I could break you. I tried as many times as I did because I was seeing if different troops % coming from different places could break you and since they did not I quit attacking you.  
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Scarwake

Now, I'm not very desperate..(is Guardians of the Blade) like many of you had already said, you switch to another unit, which is what I did....'cept I switch through all my units, so....
That and if I'm getting close to debt I'll attack too even if I don't break, just so I can up my economy a bit...I'm truly not in it for having money, which is why I don't just go sell stuff on the markets....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Ashyra Nightwing

Well, I can't attack with other units.. My strategy depends on having many skiffs. If someone can break me with them, I'm doooomed...

EmpNero

3 days, 17.1 hours ago Juskabally (#94) attacked you! Your enemy captured 38 acres of land

3 days, 17.1 hours ago Juskabally (#94) attacked you! You held your defense and your enemy was repelled

3 days, 17.1 hours ago Juskabally (#94) attacked you! Your enemy captured -126 acres of land  

3 days, 17 hours ago Juskabally (#94) attacked you! You held your defense and your enemy was repelled

3 days, 17 hours ago Juskabally (#94) attacked you! Your enemy captured -123 acres of land

nero thinks that's insanely funny, as he gained lands through being attacked..  and nero really doesnt mind people repetitivly attacking and not breaking, as it makes his defence % go back up..  71% right now..  spiffy..
A Deranged Emperor of Rome?
Formerly of the clan Rome

Checkerpaw

Tell me, "nero" . . . do you also refer to yourself in the third person in real life?
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Constantine

I think it is comical when these people attack so futilley (sp I presume). It seems like they are not thinking when they do it. Twice I've had people lose land to me by attacking me...It's quite shameful, really.

Yes. Nero is a bit on the "insane" side, Checkerpaw, so he likes to refer to himself in the third person.
The leader of the Holy Roman Empire.

user posted image

Riverpaw

Quote from: Ashyra NightwingIf someone can break me with them, I'm doooomed...
;)
Next round...  :)  
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

RazorClaw

Fine then. Next round, I'll whip up some skiffs. 100% training to skiffs, yiss, and half of my land'll be barracks. Then, once I get 2,000,000... *CRUNCH* And I'll build, after I get around 20K land from the attacks, many evil pointy towers!!! And then I'll mass rats, with them on 100%, and get around 50,000,000... *continues to dream about kicking everyone else's butts* To the "If someone can break me with them, I'm doooooomed..."