Check out the Avatar!

Started by RazorClaw, October 26, 2003, 08:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aden

Northwestern the worst? Hahaha. What do you call Indiana then? And Illinois? Illinois's average loss is by over 30 points. Northwestern never gets credit, because they have the reputation as the "academic school" with bad athletics(though this is sometimes true). You know, it's hard to recruit great athletes when the average SAT scores of the student body are 1350-1450. When they are bad, they are BAD(like last year), but this year they are only mediocre. I predict a 6-6, maybe 7-5 season this year. They'll probably beat PSU and Illinois.

Northwestern- Three Big Ten titles in the past 8 years.
Woodren Swiftsword, former leader of the Mossflower Liberation Army
May 20, 1999 - May 20, 2001

RedCon

Almkman

Most of the time anyways.Or at least when I watch.They're not all that good at basketball.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Kilkenne

Aden - WI doesn't play Indiana this year and we only beat Illinois by...12 I think, they had a good game and we didn't have our good tailback. Eh, that'll happen though. Northwestern can't compete as well in the Big Ten, they go in streaks of good and bad, but we have 6 teams here that are all top 25 calibur, so it makes them look a lot worse, but WI had NO excuse to lose to them on Saturday. I was there and it was pathetic. Their motto: Paint The Town Purple. *Shudder*

Aden

Wisconsin?  Sat, Sep 27 at Illinois W 38-20

NU can compete in the Big Ten. Just not all the time. They'll be good when their recruiting gets better(with a new coach, and with time). They'll never get kicked out of the Big Ten because of their play though. NU is still better than many teams in D-IA. People just are used to the "loser" sign stuck on the team because of their horrible play in the 70's and 80's(they hold the longest losing streak in D-IA).

Look at these scores for Illinois:
Sat, Aug 30 at Missouri L 15-22 --
 Sat, Sep 6 Illinois State W 49-22 --
 Sat, Sep 13 at UCLA L 3-6 --
 Sat, Sep 20 California L 24-31 --
 Sat, Sep 27 Wisconsin L 20-38 --
 Sat, Oct 4 at Purdue L 10-43 --
 Sat, Oct 11 Michigan State L 14-49 --
 Sat, Oct 18 at Michigan L 14-56 --
 Sat, Oct 25 Minnesota L 10-36

Talk about horrible. Their only win was against a D-IAA team.
Woodren Swiftsword, former leader of the Mossflower Liberation Army
May 20, 1999 - May 20, 2001

RedCon

Almkman

They don't have the breakout years like Michigan,OSU, and Iowa have.They could be better in time.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Riverpaw

Quote from: Menatusstupid geeks.
You shall pay for that! (Meh... what am I saying...?)
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Kilkenne

Look at these scores for Illinois:
Sat, Aug 30 at Missouri L 15-22 --
Sat, Sep 6 Illinois State W 49-22 --
Sat, Sep 13 at UCLA L 3-6 --
Sat, Sep 20 California L 24-31 --
Sat, Sep 27 Wisconsin L 20-38 --
Sat, Oct 4 at Purdue L 10-43 --
Sat, Oct 11 Michigan State L 14-49 --
Sat, Oct 18 at Michigan L 14-56 --
Sat, Oct 25 Minnesota L 10-36

Unranked,
Unranked (1-AA)
Ranked team at the time
Uranked
(now the Big Ten Season...)
Ranked high at the tiem
Ranked
Ranked
Ranked
Ranked

They go in streaks of years, it just so happens that the big ten as a whole is good this year, and Illinois, NU, and Indiana aren't as good. I'm not saying NU is terrible, I'm saying that Wisconsin had no idea what they were doing losing a game they were favored to win by 10 1/2, coming off a near loss from Purdue, and in the week before, a win on OSU.

(Purdue only won because they had more ball control. 92 plays to 54 plays, give or take 1 each side, I don't have the exact figure anymore. I was in the front row at Gameday that day though, it was cool...)