Away with the Polling Section!

Started by The Beatles, October 24, 2003, 01:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beatles

Why was the polling section made? Because people kept making zillions of pointless (ergo spam) polls. They weren't explicitly deleted, however, because nonexplicit spam was more tolerated.
Now? Spam is not tolerated in most forms, and with UltraMod, RWL is cracking down on spam.
So the polling section has served its useful purpose, but now it has none. I move for polls to be allowed in GD also. Spam polls must go in spa-101. Many relevant polls are missed by a lot of us simply because we don't bother to go to the polling section.
The separation of polling is now more harmful than helpful. Let's stop it.

Riverpaw

Tania wants post counts to go...
You want the polling section to go...
Yes, we're all against spam, but will this work, or will it just introduce an influx of semi-spam into the GD?
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Ashyra Nightwing

heh.. I think the Polling section is a good idea.

Blackeyes

I say keep them both, we have alot of history in the polls. And I want me title from 1000 posts soon.

P.S. I will be asking in Polls for some of your opinions for a title.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Holby

I agree completely with Beatles. What use is it to stay on its own board now? I rarely even read the Polling section! Allow polls back in GD...
I will not deleted this

The Beatles

That's just it! A lot of important polls are missed because we don't even bother to check them.

Blackeyes

Not true, I read them all the time, and I'm sure others do.

Bloodrath

In my opinion it seems like a big load of useless junk that is piling up. Though, I guess people like junk right? Ah, there is probably some decent stuff worth looking at in there but I just see no need for all these polls.

Blackeyes

Everybody!!!! Go to the Polls!!! Answer my poll!!!