Should there be a post count?

Started by Orcrist, October 20, 2003, 09:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

I was just wondering what everyone thought. Please post why you chose yes or no.

I chose no because I believe that no post count would eliminate spamming and pointless messages.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Ashyra Nightwing

I say yes. I've explained why in the other topic...

Sonoras

Menatus

You only vote yes because post count is so important to you and you want to be noticed. So thanks to Orcrist.

Riverpaw

Before I vote, let me ask:
If on the offchance the admins decide to do this, how would it be implemented?
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Aqualis

I nulled, I really don't care. I don't believe it would decrease the amount of spam by much.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Menatus

There's an option to turn of post count. It's that easy.

Riverpaw

Quote from: MenatusThere's an option to turn of post count. It's that easy.
Where? Show me the screenshot... (Oh, you mean make all forums like the Spa Room, but still, resetting existing posts would be difficult. Unless, you know php and...)
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Sonoras

Quote from: MenatusYou only vote yes because post count is so important to you and you want to be noticed. So thanks to Orcrist.
Who,me?
And if  so,I don't really care how much posts I have.

Veranor

Quote from: RiverpawWhere? Show me the screenshot... (Oh, you mean make all forums like the Spa Room, but still, resetting existing posts would be difficult. Unless, you know php and...)
I'm pretty sure the Admins know PHP and MySQL... resetting existing post count is not all that hard, and also simply not displaying it is also very easy. It's like what, 1 line to cut out?

EDIT:

Or maybe 2 or 3 depending on how you want to change the profile.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Ruatine

Ooo, a post count! (a little sarcasm there for those of you who didn't catch it)

I nulled. In my opinion, eliminating the post counts would not change a thing. People would still post meaningless spam and  one-liners. It's not like getting a title is that important to most forum goers (though, of course, there are some exceptions).
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

RazorClaw

Really? *ponders* I guess it does seem important afore 1000, but after that, your spam arteries get squished by your knowledge cells. *says that sounding like a college professor*