RWL Dictionary

Started by The Lady Shael, September 17, 2003, 04:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie Ros?

Yea, no kidding...:) :D  
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

calria

The Lady Shael

There, updated it.

I tried thinking about the web site thingy today, but I couldn't think straight. The good thing about having a site is that we can make the dictionary as long as I want, and the way I want it. The bad thing is, it'll take time. Plus on the scripting thing, I could learn, because my dad knows Perl, but I don't have time to learn it. And I'm also not all for the idea of having it automated, because then people would clutter it with junky words, some completely air-headed, and some obscene, and even though I'll probably be able to edit it out, I'd like to see the word before it goes public. So I'm pretty sure it's not going to be automated, but I'm completely torn between indecision about having the dictionary on the site. So I'm making a poll.

For Nev's loyal-ness, and all the words he's submitted, and for the tastefulness and significance to the game of those words, I hereby appoint him my RWL Dictionary Assistant. Along with Cal, since it makes sense to have a grammatically-intelligent person to oversee things in a dictionary. ^_^ Congrats to both!
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Abby The Rat

~rises hand a little~

One could ask one who could do something like that

Like Retto over there
or Beatles over there
or Stormclaw somewhere FAR over there
or ~cough~ me here
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

calria

Oooo! Yay! *grins* Most supreme thankies, Shael!
*feels special*

Ad, you really shouldn't be so subtle... people might not know what you're meaning... *snerk*

bjornredtail

For one I could code it, and set it up so that submitted defenations must be previewed by the admins. Or, make it so only the admins can add new defenations, or change existing ones. The advantage being avoiding the download-edit-upload cycle, or at least much of it.

And another defenation:
Multi- 1. A person with mutpal accounts. 2. A horde which is controled by the same person as another horde.

It is now generally accepted forum-speak. It most likely came from the earily days, though I do not know spificly when, and who it came from.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Dixie Ros?

Aheemm.

Rat Massing. (Verb)

The careful art of grabing as many rats as you can get your hands on.
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

Ashyra Nightwing

Skiff-Massing (v) 1. The careful art of grabbing as many skiffs as you can get your hands on. Practised by Pentephraxis Legion, #7.

*nods*

The Beatles

Quote from: nevadacowAlso, I rember the history behind Land fat. I belive it was origionally coined by Ragefur during the first era.
Germania, I think. Though I am not sure, may have been Ragefur.

Riverpaw

Quote from: nevadacowdefenations
defenations
defenation
GASP!! SPAG TIME!!

definition / de - fi - ni - tion -- n. the meaning of a word, the act of defining

Must... resist... pushing... submit...
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

calria

*L*
Riverpaw lost...

Weasels- the least effective unit in the game for attacking. Attempts at massing weasels are generally met with disaster.

Clan War- a fight between two or more clans. Generally, these occur between clans whose members occupy at least some top-ten spots.

Emperor/ess- A player who occupies the #1 ranking for a significant timespan. Emperors in the past have been feared, hated, or loved, according to their policies and temperaments. (insert list of Emperors here...)

The Lady Shael

Yay! More entries! But I must do homework first, before I can update the list...practicing matrices in algerbra...at least they're easy.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.