Cold Stone

Started by Dead Eye, September 11, 2003, 02:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

So I was defending your actions and you attack me?
OK, I'm obviously the bad guy.

Quotebut I've had the same and much worse happen to me many times.
Someone?s taken about 20k land from me once *cough* Holby *cough*.
As I said, there is no wrong in attacking. I've been /killed/ with almost 200k land overnight on Warbands.
I've had times when I've been broken, and maxed, so I lost weeks of work. I've had the whole game attack me to try and break me, often succeeding. There was a time when I'd be lucky not to get hit less than 20 times a day- from those much higher up than myself.

But to get there, I had to dish it out, too. When I took 20k from you, that would have been when Slayer were still hoping for a reset. The idea was, if we could prove no one could rise, it would force Retto into a reset. So I scraped up every bit of land I could to make it happen. Unfortunately, it did not.

QuoteBut he hasn't done a great deal wrong, either, in attacking.
I don't normally attack when I get to where I am now. That was the first time I've attacked someone that low. Normally it's just attack the ranks around me.
You're justifying your actions further- OK with me.
I will not deleted this

Holby

Quote from: ~The Duke Aubres~
YARG. That is not true. What happened to Josh when he became Emperor? Tons of people loved him, and why? Because he was Emperor.
No-one that I know of loved Josh when he was Emperor. I certainly didn't, he made a bunch of annoying rules. I remember one in particular, where every clan had to give out their forum password to him, so he could read them. We (Falcon) had to move our forums onto Beatles' server to continue our discussions.
You think people liked him for that?

QuoteWhen he was tinier, not many people payed attention.
He was Emperor inside of 2000 turns. He didn't stay "tiny" very long. And because he wasn't a largely respected forum member, that wouldn't help people pay attention to him either. There's more to this "respect" business than your rank.

QuoteWhen you have power, you hold sway over others politically.
I made a clan this era, and it grew to the maximum size within a week. I was only just out of protection when it was made. No-one knew who I was, but they did know about the clan quickly enough.
Because of numbers in my clan, I had a degree of influence, even though my identity was secret.

QuoteWho would you listen to more? Ereptor as Emperor, or Me in 60th? ::cries::
It depends on the issue. As you are well respected and liked on the forums, people would certainly listen to you on most topics. If people don't know who you are, do you think they'll listen more to you than someone they do?

Had it been strongly about the game, they would listen to Ereptor, as he's a better player and in a better position to help them.
I couldn't say if it wasn't game related, but my bet would be with you.

QuoteI beleive I have had enough of RWL, it's favoritism, and it's gameplay. Once I make a big bang, I shall not be going on here any longer. I am sick of politics, arguing, and anger. Cya all.
It's a pity you've had enough of RWL, I like it here, as do a lot of others. Its favouritism? I think that's all in your head, and you're just sore because I pointed out your whingeing wasn't justified.
Its gameplay? Expansion within the next few months. Woo! Politics? I think that's fun, gives me something to do while I wait for more turns. :D
Arguing? What arguing? One disagreement on the forum, and you generalise? *Blinks*
Anger? Hmm, not sure about that one. The game is about attacking, but I wouldn't call that anger. I wouldn't call my posts anger either, but you seem to think so.
I think you need to review the situation.

QuoteP.S. Holbs, you were talking to fingo about retal? It's impossible. He hit me really hard, so I can't exactly hit him back without sparking a long war in which I would most definitely lose.
You don't retal against people who hit you? How do you ever expect them to stop, then? If you make a big enough impression once, they may not harm you again. It is easy to see why Fingo can keep his rank when people with your view are playing.

QuoteHolbs, you be cool, I'm just sick of politics and favoritism. Bye.
I be cool? what does that mean? (I mentioned politics and favouritism above, so I won't repeat what I said.)
If you're really going, then goodbye. But I find it very, very sad, especially under these circumstances. Farewell.
I will not deleted this

wolf bite

Quote from: Dead EyeSame with a bunch other emperors. I didnt like Wolf Bite when he sat on top. Fact of the matter is, we all hate emperors.
*Writes down Dead Eyes name and puts it in his desk*
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

fingo

It's good to attack, it's healthy, it shows you know how to play the game.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Ashyra Nightwing

I like emperors.  There's no one ruling Regular. Look at the chaos... With emperors, everything is more organised.

The Lady Shael

*nods* With an Emperor (or Empress) the top ten seems to be more at peace...yet I suppose right now it is indeed in chaos. There always is chaos whenever a change of the Emperor is taking place...even when I inherited the throne from Stormy, which is considered the only peaceful transfer of power in the game. (or was, it's known as the first now, since Richard and Wolf gave their stuff over) Trust me, there was chaos. I was worried about so many things, all the things that could go wrong with transfer, and what might happen if it didn't succeed. I was /very/ stressed out that evening...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

Hopefully I'll be able to keep my high rank, and not get flattened and knocked back down to rank 50...
I can break Scarwake. Yay. Revenge.