MAC!

Started by Mark, June 24, 2003, 08:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashyra Nightwing

I don't have anything against macs... My friend has one. It has all these...screensavers...*watches*

My laptop is windows 95.

Pikepaw

Wapekip stole my laptop!  **Pushes Brock for stealing it in the first place and chases the evil Wapekip.  Gets back his laptop and beats Wapekip to worse than a pulp.**  Only I must have a laptop!  **Steals Ashryas' laptop and anyone who has a laptop he steals it from them.  Then he hides them someplace.**
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Deathclaw

Macs are the worst. They make more complication than PCs, more bugs, and more of anything negative.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Boze (Admin)

The G5 is not the fastest computer in the world, as it does not exsist. Furthermore, by they actually start selling them in September, Intel will have the Pentium 5 released, and AMD will have the Athlon 64.

Either way, it is arguable that the G5 is not faster than any exsisting computers either. The benchmarks comparing it to the P4/Xeon are misleading (see the details in the PDF available at the bottom of the page).

I was very exited about the G5, until I discovered Apple was lying to its fans.

And Cheesy, 8X is currently the fastest AGP bus speed. However, both G5s and modern PCs have 8X AGP.
That's me!

Mark

Quote from: Boze (Admin)The G5 is not the fastest computer in the world, as it does not exsist. Furthermore, by they actually start selling them in September, Intel will have the Pentium 5 released, and AMD will have the Athlon 64.

Either way, it is arguable that the G5 is not faster than any exsisting computers either. The benchmarks comparing it to the P4/Xeon are misleading (see the details in the PDF available at the bottom of the page).

I was very exited about the G5, until I discovered Apple was lying to its fans.

And Cheesy, 8X is currently the fastest AGP bus speed. However, both G5s and modern PCs have 8X AGP.
*copys beatle* *^bump^*

Interesting.  I never knew, I thought that they were selling back in June.

But when it comes out it will be the fastest computer, It also has 500 GB hard drive...that without an up-grade.  Click here for further details
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Bloodrath

No, it says it can have up to 500GB of storage. It comes with 160GB and then you have to upgrade from there.

Also, if you look closely, this is what you get with the base package.

? Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5
? 512MB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 2x256
? 160GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
? ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
? 56k V.92 internal modem
? SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
? Apple Keyboard & Apple Mouse - U.S. English
? Mac OS X - U.S. English

And this price tag is Subtotal $2,999.00, plus the tax and all that. It is not that impressive of a computer, and you still have to add things like speakers, monitor, ect to that price. So, you are going to spend a lot of cash. Eep, I think these are American prices too, so I hate to think what I would have to shove over for one of those in Canadian dollars. Not worth it in my opinion.

Boze (Admin)

When it comes out, it will not be the fastest computer in the world. It is not currently the fastest computer. Anyone can have 500GB of storage; it is simply a matter of money.
That's me!

Bloodrath

And look at the price you have to dish out for a G5, even at the base price. To me, it just looks like a ripe off and people get hyped about it. Pentium is going strong ahead and like Boze said, in September we will have the Pentium 5. G5 just seems over rated and over priced.

The Beatles

Mark, use a spell checker. You might send off a random sepll in the wrong direction...

And, X is the best windowing system EVER. It is the uber-uber. It beats things like Windows/Mac/Gnome into three cocked hats. It is extremely flexible (veeery), it's a UNIX thing, and you should see the remote capabilities.

GO X!

[edit] Hmm, just noticed the two other pages. Hah. Oh well, what matters is not the hardware, it's the software, and the greatest single mistake Apple's history, which resulted in them being limited to 3% of the desktop  market, was that they restricted themselves to one hardware. It's very hard (and rare) to install a Mac on a PC. And earlier,  it wasn't even possible. You don't just buy the OS, you have to buy the hardware too. Fatal mistake, that.