Problems with turbo

Started by Ereptor, July 07, 2003, 03:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

Where did the Emperor's go?  It seems that turbo is kinda getting a little off.  With only two clans there is not much to work with.  

Also this is a topic in the fire forum that i think is relavent to everyone in turbo....

Xenocide or Zedd as we know him on turbo has decided not to attack death fight #45 because of their friendship over the internet. This is wrong for so many reasons. I would rather him not play then to make alliances with the enemy. This is a game and if you cannot handle attacking friends on a "game", then you have no business playing the game at all. Even if you are talented. What even more frustrates me is the fact that i sacrificed myself for him to be where he is right now. Are my suicide attacks on wolfbite aka death fight in vain??? Do we allow our highest ranking player to make peace treaties with their player while he attacks us and feeds off our land???? Do we allow rahl and wolf to rule turbo and regular and do nothing about it????

This has to stop. And if he does not denounce his treaty i am asking that he leave turbo. He can play the game however he wants to play, but this is a little out of hand. I considered printing his in-game message to me. But i won't do that without his consent. Also he has offered to supply us with aid to attack wolfbite aka death fight. But that he won't attack him. That is not good enough for me. That is also the same as attacking "technically" anyway. So you ask what the big deal is. The deal is they have a treaty not to attack each other ( i am assuming ). That goes against the whole point of turbo, ESPECIALLY if they are the top two players at the moment.

1 Zedd (#68) 83,562 $86,433,810 aka Xenocide
2 Death Fight (#45) 55,926 $53,458,941 aka Wolfbite

Also If anyone is interested in the best tick game ever.  With thousands of players worldwide go to.  www.planetarion.com.  I joined yesterday.  IT'S FREE!!!  and it has a lot of my ideas for this game on it.  Check it out  peeps.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Xenocide

It is true, I will not attack Death Fight (#45), however, there is no treaty to denounce.  I did not conspire with the enemy over this.  This is a desision that I came up with all on my own.

I have been playing Redwall for a very long time, I was here during the first era.  Yet, few people know of me beyond, perhaps, my ingame names which has changed for each new game.  Although I have always ranked high, I am not well known.  People like Eruptor, Peace Alliance and many others are skilled and good players, and everyone knows who they are.  What is the difference?

The difference is, I do not have the ability to set aside friendships to the point where I can fight a friend.  I had to do that once, I faught Peace Alliance, and it was the hardest choice I have made in this game.  I am very aware of this weakness in my charecter, so I have chosen to get around it by NOT getting involved in the redwall community.  I know that once I have made friends with a person, it become very difficult to attack them.

Death Fight (#45) is just such a person.  I have gotten to know him very well over the last few months, and I have come to respect him a great deal.  The friendship we have developed goes beyond a simple game.  I was very disturbed to discover that Turbo had placed on opposite teams.  By the time I joined Turbo, Ice controlled the game.  I did not want to switch to Ice simply because they were already powerful, and I like to fight for the underdog.  So I asked Death Fight (#45) to switch sides.  To join fire; so we could once again fight beside each other against a much stronger enemy.  He stated that this would be wrong, and he could not do so.  I repect this, but at the same time, he is still my friend.  I pondered the delema for a while, and finally decided that I could not bring myself to attack him.  Since I took the top ranks, I have sent out a fair chunk of aid to many members of Fire, some of which I know would be used to fight Death Fight (#45).

When I got a message yesterday asking me to attack Death Fight (#45), I could not do so.  Because Eruptor had just gotten smoked, and he was a member of my clan, I sent him (along with several others) aid, for him to try and recover his land.  This is not a breach of any alliance simple because there is no alliance.

Attacking is simply something that I cannot do.  I cannot attack a friend.  I have asked for no assurances from him that he would respond in kind, in fact, I let him know that I completely expected him to keep attacking me.  And if he were to blow me out of the water, I would feel no less of him.  He did not agree to anything.  In fact, he attacked me, in an attempt to provoke me to retailate;  But I could not.  If tomorrow, he took every acer of land I had, killed everything I had, I would respect him no less.  This is my desision, not his.  And then after being wiped out, if joined Turbo again and again ended up on Fire, then I still would not attack him.

I had no plans to rule the game.  I had no plans to take first, and have him end up in second.  I continue to play the game as I would any other time.  The only difference is I cannot attack a friend.

Zedd
"You call that a knife? THIS is a knife."
"That's not a knife, that's a spoon."
"Alright, alright, you win. I see you've played knifey-spooney before."

Blackeyes

It's a game! You can attack a friend on any game and still respect them.
In last round, I am friends with Mark, but that didn't stop me from hitting him to get land.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

wolf bite

I understand both points of view.  Maybe it all does not matter anymore. But I will toss my opinion in because I am involved.

Yes, Zedd / Xenocide and I have been great friends starting the beginning of regular era II.  He have both put our accounts ready to die for one another.  Such a level of trust should exist more in this game and clans would do so much better.  Just imagine how much better a person can play, when they know they will never be backstapped for the greed of land?

So when turbo started, I was fighting my way to the top.  I did recognize a few people that I thought I knew on the other team. I was not fully sure, but I kept my identity secret because I know that they may have a hard time fighting me. It was Eruptor that spotted who I was and told Zedd that I was I.

Zedd asked me straight out and I told him that Eruptor was right.  Up until then,  we were jousting for position.  Zedd then told me that he did not want to fight against me.  I respect that.  But this is also a game.  So I took a few shots against him to get him to retaliate.  He did not.  

I can play on the other side, fairly and honestly, against a friend, but I can not attack a person that will not fight back. Thus, I stopped all attacks on Zedd.

There was and is NO plan.  There is nothing more then I have said. We have NOT exchanged any information about each other?s team.  It just so happened that we both ended up on the top of each clan.

But thinking about it, I have been fighting in a death match with Eruptor and others who where getting aid.  I had no aid and have been holding my own.  So what right do they have to complain when they were being feed and I was not.

But then here is the problem, the first person that attacks the other will gain such land, that the game will be won.  Because that person will have such an amount of land that no one will be able to break them.  

Maybe, for the time, it is better this way.  Both teams have a player that can rise to take the emperor.  And of course, a new player may come in and take either Zedd or me out and the tables will turn.

Wolf Bite
AKA ?Death Fight?
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Kenny Boy

Yeah why can't you attack friends?

I attack my cuz and Cal but doesn't mean I hate them!

Cal is cool and so are my cousins!
Hi! I'm Ken and I am cooler than you!
-----------------------------------------------
Turbo

K Money (#25)

highest rank:3
------------------------------

Hello everyone, I have given up on regular and now I only play turbo.
user posted image

Peace Alliance

When i started going on the forums and adding everyone from redwall to my AIM. It made it so everyone wanted/was my friend. Then when i would attack them, they would get mad at me because they thought that since i talked to them a lot and we were friends, that i wouldn't attack them. But like i've had to explain before, this IS a game. And although i will sometimes make alliances with my friends, that can sometimes get out of hand. But its even worse when it comes to a clan against clan situation. I understand its not an alliance. But what you have to understand is that its a battle. Wolf bite and i have been friends while fighting each other before, and thats because this is a game, and we were both playing it strategicly.

Theres nothing wrong with you two fighting each other.
In fact, its the only way anyone will be able to win the game.

Almkman

RWL is just like any board game.You play against your friends but you play to win.It makes more interesting to play against your friends.In sports I always like to pitch against one of my friends.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Holby

I haven't read this topic. I just picked up the gist of it and felt that was enough to respond to.

I have many friends, yet this doesn't stop me attacking them. But I have some friends who are in a special slot on their own. My friendship with them is very strong and I trust them completely, enjoy their company immensely, wait eagerly to speak to them over IM, and laugh with them until my side aches.
Without that friendship this game would be much duller and more hollow. I would never want to do anything against them. Hurting them hurts me in some way, too. I feel I've betrayed them and lost their trust.

Maybe that sounds weak, but it is a type of friendship of the many kinds I have. I wouldn't want that friendship to diminish because of a simple IG act.
I will not deleted this