Survey for my college class....

Started by calria, July 15, 2003, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calria

*waves* Ok, guys, as we all know, Cal is in college.

As we also all know, college is evil.

Today, college is making me get 100 people to do a survey about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, which I have to write a research paper about.

Could everyone please come and do this survey? I really really need it... I'm only halfway to the number I have to have, and I'm almost out of people to ask to do it.

COPPA Survey

Please, leave some comments that I will be able to quote from in my paper!
Also, please take it seriously! *sniffle*
Thank you!

Aqualis

I. 14

II. No

III. *Blank*

IV. No

V. No

VI. Harder

VII. No

VIII. a. e-mail
       b. personal websites
       c. games
       d. chatrooms or instant messaging
       e. reaserch and information
       f.  entertainment

Comments:

This law really does not do anything. It is a very simple matter to lie about one's age; especially online, where there is no way to verify if it is the truth.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Scarwake

I took the survey and I don't quite remember what I said, but I took it and left a very good comment in which you can use to quote from.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Krif

I took it, but I don't really like leaving comments.  Maybe I'm just too lazy.
~This is not a signature.  Stop reading this.  It is not a signature.  I will not have a signature.  Oh no!  I made a signature.~

Vengerak

Should we do it online, or post, as Aqualis has?

EDIT - I sent it in online, by the way.

Ashyra Nightwing

I took the survey. *nods* But I didn't leave a comment.

Almkman

I took it but was too lazy to post it.So I sent it online.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

ShogunII

I took it to..

I.11

II.No

III.*Blank*

IV.No

V.No

VI.Harder

VII.No

VIII.a.E-mail
b.Games
c.Research/Information
d.Entertainment
e.News

Comments-
What a child sees and does on the internet can not be changed by the law. There is no way that the law could ever be able to stop children form looking at "unappropriate" things.It is probally the most easiest thing to lie about over the internet, where no one can see you or knows you. This law does make it harder for underage children to go to things that they should not see LEGITIMATELY. Most kids don't even know the meaning of it and thus would not, or probally not, care about doing things legit. This law really does not help or do anything. All it is is a waste of whatever it is written down on.

Also,what some people consider unappropriate, such as violence, may be fine for some children and their parents, thus the law is unfair. Another thing is that there are too many ways around the system, so to speak. There is no way to stop children from seeing unappropriate things, unless everyone 13 and above is given a password that all websites will except so that only they can get on to them. Even then chldren could still find it out.

wolf bite

I would like to take Qs and make comments (even if Calrie does not like me, hehe), however, the link is not opening up for me!?!?!  If you want to message them to me I will happily help out.  I will also try again later to get in the site.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

calria

=P I never said I don't like you, wolf bite. *gnaws on you*
*spins* I now have almost 125 surveys, so you wonderful people have fulfilled your purpose, and can now go back to watching AdTV, or Sha-N-N, or Callyvision, or whatever your regularly scheduled programming is. *nods*