A warning!

Started by Peace Alliance, May 11, 2003, 03:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

QuoteI am a fast reader and I know what can slow me down. First caps, it helps to mark a beginning or picking out names that needed to be remembered. My eyes move too fast notices the ".", when line seem to mess up, I have to back track to notices to double check. If there is a bit of incorrect spelling, I have to slow down to think about what word is trying to say.

Paragraphing helps to make post easy to understand, it points out that you are talking about something else.

Bad grammer and spellings slows me down as I have to re-read to make sure that I understand it right.

I am NOT an english Major as I'm sure my post shows; I do try to learn and make it ever better. Life is ever making mistake but some are worse then other and we ever try to avoid it.

If you want, I could open a polling on how annoying poor spelling and grammer.

All it takes is to get it right the first time round and you waste no more time in posting. Post it then check your spelling which is a simple, reading of your post. Just like you read another post.

What could be a good idea is have a debate over bad grammer and spelling in a chat room

Notices, all my "I" are in caps and see how much more easier to read they are. I have let you off easily as I let other off easily. In fact, I'm sure this first time, I have piped up about bad grammer and spellings because I want to make this forum a lovely place to be without read or wait for calria to make sense of a post.

I could not just stand by as all other posters get annoyed. Many overule the few.

Please, do try.

Corrections!!

I am a fast reader and I know what can slow me down. First caps, it helps to mark a beginning or picking out names that needed to be remembered. My eyes move too fast notices the ".", when line seem to mess up, I have to back track to notices to double-check. If there is a bit of incorrect spelling, I have to slow down to think about what word is trying to say.

Paragraphing helps to make post easy to understand it points out that you are talking about something else.

Bad grammar and spellings slows me down, as I have to re-read to make sure that I understand it right.

I am NOT an English Major as I'm sure my post shows; I do try to learn and make it ever better. Life is ever making mistake but some are worse then other and we ever try to avoid it.

If you want, I could open polling on how annoying poor spelling and grammar.

All it takes is to get it right the first time round and you waste no more time in posting. Post it then check your spelling which is a simple, reading of your post. Just like you read another post.

What could be a good idea is have a debate over bad grammar and spelling in a chat room

Notices, all my "I" are in caps and see how much more easier to read they are. I have let you off easily as I let other off easily. In fact, I'm sure this first time, I have piped up about bad grammar and spellings because I want to make this forum a lovely place to be without read or wait for calria to make sense of a post.

I could not just stand by as all other posters get annoyed. Many overrule the few.

Please, do try.

please try to use better spelling and grammar, AD!

calria

*cough*

The difference between these two posts?
Attitude and intent.

Ad is trying to use proper grammar and syntax, as well as punctuation, when writing. He uses them to the best of his ability, proofreads, and has always accepted criticism when he does make mistakes.

There is a vast difference between this, and a whine-fest because someone doesn't like to be told that his posting is annoying and unpolished.

I don't do this stuff for fun, Peace. I have a real life, which, incidentally, has quite a few more problems in it at the moment than it normally does. However, if I don't do this, who will? What started as a prank is something now that I am called on to do. If, through cajoling, teaching, and annoyance, I can make this forum a better place for other fellow RWL-ers, it's worth it.

Trust me, I have more to do with my time than be abused for something that is, in the end, intended to help. If you want me to stop and leave these forums to be desecrated by rough language-usage and a lack of caring, please- go to the poll I'm about to make and let me know. I'd be more than happy to leave.  

Peace Alliance

I had a well written post yelling at Cal here. but since she's gone and is all sad sounding i've edited it aways. sorry

Beem

Quote from: Peace AllianceI had a well written post yelling at Cal here. but since she's gone and is all sad sounding i've edited it aways. sorry
Just because I am bored and Calria isn't here, no offence, so don't get angry.

I had a well-written post yelling at Cal here, but since she's gone and is all sad sounding I've edited it away, sorry.  

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Peace Alliance

lol, the post i had spent time on was perfect.... this one was rusjed. i wanted to change it before she read it :P

Badrang the Tyrant

This is WAY off topic!  I like these kind of things! :D

Peace, what is "rusjed"?

Peace Alliance

WOW!! thats called me falling asleep on my keyboard and typing none sense. :s:s:s:s:s:s:s

Cindarin

My god. You people need lives. I mean your complaining about bad spelling and grammer. Last time I checked Redwall was not a game of "who can spell the best with propper grammer". It is a game to see who can out play the others. So please shut the hell up about spelling and get on with the game! :sick:  
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

Veranor

Says the person who tries to change the font color to blue when it is already blue
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Blackeyes

Quote from: CindarinMy god. You people need lives. I mean your complaining about bad spelling and grammer. Last time I checked Redwall was not a game of "who can spell the best with propper grammer". It is a game to see who can out play the others. So please shut the hell up about spelling and get on with the game! :sick:
It would be wise to hold your tongue , newb . If you were a wise one such as Calria and Ad , then you would see the point in this .

So do not interfere with those of a higher IQ.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Peace Alliance

How does the amount of time you've been playing redwall reflect you're IQ? I mean, i know it might make you smarter at stratagy and stuff, but will it really improve you're IQ?

Blackeyes

We may never know , however if you look some people such as Kilk(who just so happened to say this) were cruddy at the beginning of RWL but now he was one of the greatest players ever seen .

Peace Alliance

But does that mean he has a higher IQ or did he start with a high one and learned well because he's smart?

Blackeyes

Maybe one or the either ... or maybe both .

Cindarin

You like cheese? Good for you... not.
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image