Poor Gamesmenship

Started by wolf bite, May 18, 2003, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

It seems that others are getting the 2 games confused.

Right after I attacked Ad on regular for his allowing mercenaries to hide out in his clan, Retto took 80% of my land on turbo and joined Ad?s clan on regular. Retto"s (Oliver Twist) attack was not for land when there were others that had more and I was the only one attacked.

It is not that I mind being attacked, it is why someone is attacking.

It seems to me that the person that pays, orders, hints, helps, or hides is more at fault then the one that does the action.

I question Ad?s use of the word ?peaceful.?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Retto

I believe I talked to you, too, about this. I attacked you because you had a bunch of land and - wonder of wonders - I could get through. I didn't expect that I could hit anyone in the top 10 with a mere half million skiffs, but got through I did (I was flailing around with my leaders before that, and had just decided to switch strategies). I stared in wonderment at the report that I had broken through and taken 2,000 acres.

So, I did what any enterprising warlord would do - I attacked again. And, while things were running my way, I attacked a few (19) more times, with good yields each time. I seriously doubted that there were many warlords in the top ten that had less skiffs than you had, and I wanted to save my turns for the most profitable things I could find. In no way was it retaliation or in any way related to what happened at all on Regular.

The only response I have taken in response to your attack on Ad was to switch to Winter - he dearly wanted to see his clan represented in the top 10 when the reset happened, and knew that he had no chance. Although Warriors of Old was a great clan, and harbored me for a long time, I felt they would understand me switching.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Ereptor

Understood.  ~smiles~
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

wolf bite

Retto,

Not true!

You have made no attacks on turbo for 4 days.

You made no attempts to attack anyone before me.

Your attack on me came minutes after you talked to Ad.

You did not spy before your attack.

You first tried leaders with steal.

You then went to armies.

You maxed me with 21 attacks.

You attacked no one after me.

You then Instant Messaged me and the first thing you said was that you were attacking me.

Lets just say that this is all just a coincidence.  Who in their right mind, would tell someone that they have just been attack when they know I could take it right back?  Only someone that is not after the land but the attack.

Had this come form one of Ad?s friends that cannot see the difference between 2 different games, I could have understood.  But Admins are supposed to be neutral.

Wolf Bite

Edit by Wolf Bite (there was one other attack that retto had made on someone else during his attack on me)
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Peace Alliance

Nah, wolf. you may be able to convince everyone that I'm a bad guy. But Retto????? No, i prefer to think he was changing stratagies. you've always been easy land. You never have very much defense and you hardly ever retaliat because you like the ratio you get when you get attacked.....

wolf bite

I have never said that Peace Alliance nor Retto was a "bad guy", just human.  Sometimes people's emotions get the best of them.

I am actually wondering about a person who had an even better reputation than Retto. I think that Retto's recent actions, that is unlike him, was caused by the intentional emotional prodding and misleading of Ad. My understanding is that the one that calls himself ?peaceful? is the motivator of anything but peace.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Ereptor

Ad is not perfect.  But he has become very powerful in rwl.  Kilk has shown this once again by declaring war on winter.  Now there is no winter, no Ad, no Kilk and no KM.....
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

calria

Does it occur to you that on Turbo, you're amazingly easy to break with minimal troops of certain types? After all, you are my main "easy-hit" land source as well, and have been for over a week. The fact that I was also in Winter has little to nothing to do with it. *chuckle*

Peace Alliance

Who was that directed to Calria?

Holby

Quote from: calriaDoes it occur to you that on Turbo, you're amazingly easy to break with minimal troops of certain types? After all, you are my main "easy-hit" land source as well, and have been for over a week. The fact that I was also in Winter has little to nothing to do with it. *chuckle*
Has it occurred to you that you're capable of being an easy land source for Ereptor, Cal?
But some people have bigger fish to fry, so they don't bother. :rolleyes:  
I will not deleted this