If we want a reset...

Started by guardians of night, April 19, 2003, 10:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guardians of night

I talked to Retto and he said that for a reset that:
zlopid: what would convince me is if everyone stopped pestering, and actually gave clear, consise, and understandable reasons
zlopid: which have not already been addressed.

Well, you heard him, lets stop pestering and give clear consise and understandable reasons that haven't already been adressed, and we will get a reset of R!  :D  
Mmmmmm......Signature

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rerisen is my new WWII game! Join today!

My tries at making games has finally succeded!
Nevermind, Lycos screwed up my game!

evord

OK... sounds fair.
Here are my reasons, and I'll stop posting on the reset issue after this.

1 - Ereptor is untouchable unless he decides to make himself vunerable. Of course, that means he gives away his land. There are all kinds of problems with that though. The least of which is how to do so without creating another 500,000+ acre warlord.

2-  More than half the warlords in the game are dead or abandoned. Of course, I haven't played RWL that long, so I don't know if this is normal or not.

3- 60% of clan networth lies in the hands of 6 players, 2 clans. (Gathered from the clans by networth page)

4- 80% of the land in the top 30 belongs to 5 players.

5- A well established order of alliances has succeeded in the upper ranks and is stable. Busting into the top ten is almost impossible even without Ereptor's might.

6- This round feels over to me. The major battles have been fought. There are clear winners, its over. Time to play again. If I was one of those 20,000 acre warlords, I'd feel pretty hopeless right now.

7-  I don't see how any of this is going to change anytime soon. Its deadlock and cement.

Anyhow, I'd like to see less land in the upper ranks, and more land in the lower ranks. The division should be less severe. That way there'd be more big wars to fight and more politics to play. A reset would abolish the current order and force us all to carve out our empires again.

"But that's just my opinion, I could be on fire" -Denis Miller
gobbling or somekinda hordes... taker yer pick.

Orcrist

No- quite the opposite, some battles have been fought, but the wars are far from over. Once Ereptor leaves his throne, as he has said he will, there will be long wars deciding who's in power. I'm one of those 20k acres warlords, but I have tons of hope...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

-id-

I'll have to disagree, Orcist. Supposing Ereptor "steps down" and lets Ad be emperor, where does all his land go? I dont think he's just going to give it up, or hand it to someone. With all due respect, Orcist, 20k acres isnt going to do much against my 600,000. You might push into the top ten, but as none of us are attacking anyone, we're all a little battle-deprived and you would likely get smashed - especially if you were in a clan. For the past few weeks there have been no significant changes in land, -especially- among the top 10, and speaking for Tater we havent been attacking anyone...there's no one to hit!

And frankly, with the new code out to make things harder for the #1 rank I frankly dont WANT to pass Ereptor, why would I? I'm much happier just batting around folks who -think- they can do anything to us.
Reset is an option, sure, but another is slaughtering everyone around us. The third being WOD and Tater delete, taking the majority of the sever's land with them. :P

As far as I'm concerned, the upper ranks are pretty solid and there isn't much that will wind up changing that.

Retto

Quote1 - Ereptor is untouchable unless he decides to make himself vunerable. Of course, that means he gives away his land. There are all kinds of problems with that though. The least of which is how to do so without creating another 500,000+ acre warlord.

Not anymore...

Quote2-  More than half the warlords in the game are dead or abandoned. Of course, I haven't played RWL that long, so I don't know if this is normal or not.

It happens...is it a reason to reset? If it is, it's a very bad one. they aren't even cluttering things up anymore

Quote3- 60% of clan networth lies in the hands of 6 players, 2 clans. (Gathered from the clans by networth page)

4- 80% of the land in the top 30 belongs to 5 players.

5- A well established order of alliances has succeeded in the upper ranks and is stable. Busting into the top ten is almost impossible even without Ereptor's might.

There are ways to change this, definately. It takes time, and it takes effort. I think that all of this is going to change now that the top player is more vulnerable.

Quote6- This round feels over to me. The major battles have been fought. There are clear winners, its over. Time to play again. If I was one of those 20,000 acre warlords, I'd feel pretty hopeless right now.

The bigger they are, the bigger they fall. A major battle, I feel, would be when Ereptor is overthrown. I'd imagine the 20,000 acre warlords are going to find some great opportunities on those higher warlords that get too much land too fast.

Quote7-  I don't see how any of this is going to change anytime soon. Its deadlock and cement.

Anyhow, I'd like to see less land in the upper ranks, and more land in the lower ranks. The division should be less severe. That way there'd be more big wars to fight and more politics to play. A reset would abolish the current order and force us all to carve out our empires again.

I don't see how a reset will change anything except to make this all happen over again. We're working on solutions that will eliminate this problem, not delay it. If you've got suggestions, we're all very open to them.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

evord

Hmmm - point taken about delaying the unavoidable. There must be some way of addressing the land gap, but I don't know enough of the inner workings of the game to say.

Some suggestions would be...
-Since the northlands seem to present an attack bonus of some kind, why not attach a defense penalty to them as well? Easier to take, easier to lose
-Make leader operations harder to perform as land goes up. Right now simply demolishing huts is sufficent to make essential utility operations succeed.
-Or, make preparing raiders success/failure based on troop numbers. Massive Armies are tough to mobilize after all.

just some thoughts
gobbling or somekinda hordes... taker yer pick.

Abby The Rat

Somehow make live easier for the peaceful warlord.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Dead Eye

This is a challenge. If Retto won't do what your asking, we will just have to figure out a way to make this work for us. Stop complaining.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov