Taking on students

Started by Wolf Snare, January 31, 2012, 09:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

Alright, so I know at least a few of you logged into turbo this round and thought "oh crud". Some of you may have even spit, cussed, and thrown tantrums due to the changes; in one colourful instance one of our members (who will respectfully remain anonymous) headbutted her keyboard in half.

FEAR NOT!

For those of you who have not yet ragequit, I can help.
I'll let you in on a little secret: It's not. that. hard!

Though little has actually been revealed to the public about concrete strategies, there is hope! I'm here to help you understand some of the finer details and assist you in ironing out the hiccups in your strategy. Don't have a clue what you're doing?? I can help you develop a strategy. All I ask is you do not get discouraged. When initially stumbling upon the new code it can seem intimidating, but it's fairly simple to grasp with an open mind. For those of you who did not participate in BETA on the test server, you may feel even more lost, but I promise you it's not as hard as you think it is.

Now, before you all start throwing your rotten fruit at me and scream "YOU SUCK, SNARECAKES!" bare in mind, I'm not claiming to be some master strategist who's already got the game worked out to a T. I have a basic understanding of the new game dynamics, and a strategy that I feel could assist some of the less ambitious players.

It's nothing to be ashamed of-- most of us are programmed to hate changes. It's frustrating, especially when you can't seem to get anywhere. However instead of quitting, all I ask is for you to give it a shot. If you approach me, we'll figure it out together!

I will be teaching via MSN messenger. I know, it's outdated, and many of you may be opposed to this, but I'm sorry folks, that's all I can do.

cody_otis10@hotmail.com

Please note that I will be going to Ottawa on Thursday until (possibly) Tuesday to move some of my stuff around. I will be virtually inaccessible while there, so don't think I'm ignoring you! ;)

EDIT: Volkov has also volunteered to be of some assistance. He is wise beyond his years, listen to him people!

djzoodude@gmail.com

cheers!
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow Assassin

I may join you if you tell me who head butted her keyboard in half.

cloud

The fact that the landfarm is ranked #8 depresses me...
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Peace Alliance

haha, we're all struggling to make NW

Wolf Snare

sticker, that's the definition of passive.
Offer stands, I'll teach you how to rise above the land farm!
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

I can also help, if anyone is interested. I've worked out a pretty decent strategy.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Rakefur

Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Kilkenne

Feel free to PM me if any of you guys need my MSN for help. My account on the Turbo is being swapped to an Admin role so I can see your stuff whenever it gets changed so that I can help as opposed to playing, as I've run about 50,000 more turns than anyone but Shadow, and after the first run I don't think it's fair that I keep playing while everyone else struggles. (Makes it easier to help if I can just see what you're doin')

E: Just so MSN people are aware that already have me, or will be PMing me for my address, if I'm online but flagged as anything other than "online", I'm not at the computer, even if I'm on the forums, I'm likely phone posting.

Pippin

ok then you up to teachin me some stuff cody? i'll try out the new code and if i like it i'll stick around a while

oh and what happened to your mod acc?
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres