Turbo server not working out

Started by Earendil, April 02, 2003, 10:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evord

I really think that the warlords engine doesn't work well in the Turbo Server environment.  The game needs a lot of players and limits on attacks to work well.  The turbo game is exaggeratting the basic flaws of Red Wall, which are normally not too bad.

Has anyone here played siege wars? (Siegewars.net) Its a fast paced game similar in essence to this one, only not as balanced. In Siegewars, players can only be attacked so many times before they are considered 'abused'. Abused kingdoms cannot be attacked until the player logs in again (which removes abused status). The result? Everyone is abused all the time and they get jumped as soon as they login- its php deathmatch practically.   Sound familar to anyone?

The turbo server would be better, I think, if scouting was able to turn up a LOT more land. of course, it might be too late now to breakup to top ten.
gobbling or somekinda hordes... taker yer pick.

Peace Alliance

yeah, well i agree with one part of what you said. making scouting worth more would help a lot. the problem right now, is that as soon as people get land, the stronger people already have the turns available to take it. but if you make scouting worth more, then people will be able to get the land as fast as others can take it. turbo shouldn't be just a matter of speeding up the turns. you have to turn up the ability to get other things too, like land.

Retto

Just a note that we're in the process working on stuff to even out some of these huge leads...
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Peace Alliance

Darkness

Yes I have just recently joined the Sword of Redwall game and the scouting on that games turns out about 84 acres per turn when you first start scouting.
Who turned out the lights?

"Actually, a woman is more like a beer. They smell good, they look good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" ~ Homer Simpson

lonewolf1817

coem on peace u can oviously belive that...i was in 20-15th spot until wolf beat you down,...then i rose to the top...thats how it gose. so no its not playedin the first 48 hours its played in the first 2 weeks. i also think that they should have clans on turbo.but no like regular....there shouldnt be a share defeses, and no ally clans but war-ing clans are good, but only a max of 5 people per clan ...thats how it shoulld go
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

General Austin

lonewolf, what is your Aol INstant Messenger?
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Peace Alliance

*Translates... Treanslates...* OK, lonewolf! heh, its not excactly played in the first 48 hourse, i guess its more like, its only played when there is a big exciting shift in power. and a big shirt of power is really hard to have without someone as skilled as wolf bite, he was i think the only guy who could have killed me. other then my former allies

Brock

Turbo's just getting boring.  I deleted my account and I'll try a new strategy now but unless things change I'm just going to play regular. :mellow:  
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

Peace Alliance

well like i said its not boring when theres a shift of power. and right now, theres being a shift of power, i think i may start playing