College Basketball

Started by Rakefur, December 29, 2011, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakefur

For our US fans.

Rankings (Updated Week 8)

Who are you rooting for this year? I'm cheering for Kansas #17 (8-3).
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Kilkenne

#11 Wisconsin, haven't missed a conference home game in years.

Briar

Oregon State. Yes, I know they aren't on there, but we are having an amazing preseason.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gen. Volkov

Go Hoosiers! They were undefeated until last night, including a victory over #1 Kentucky.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Kilkenne

That was a wild game Volkov, also I don't know how you get to pick and choose your schools for sports. GOOD WITH THE BAD, SIR! (Take ND for BBall too, as they are generally also good and Indiana football is the worst thing ever)

Like a 40 point swing in that MSU/IU game though, freaking insane.

SiegeMaster

Syracuse all the way, i was always a fan.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThat was a wild game Volkov, also I don't know how you get to pick and choose your schools for sports. GOOD WITH THE BAD, SIR! (Take ND for BBall too, as they are generally also good and Indiana football is the worst thing ever)

I do root for ND in BBall as well, and I root for Indiana in football. I went to IU, after all. When IU plays ND, I am very conflicted. I'm not a fairweather fan over here, I just have split loyalties, I went to IU, but I've been an ND fan all my life, and my sister went to ND. (Also, for that matter, my Dad went to Purdue for grad school.) If I have to pick a team, it's ND, but that does not mean I am not happy when IU wins. Basically, it goes, ND>IU>Purdue>any Indiana school and then I hate everyone else. And yes, agreed, IU football is terrible. Also, ND basketball is terrible this season, they lost their only really experienced upperclassman to injury early in the season, and now they are struggling to find an identity. So I am rooting for them to pull it together, but I don't have much hope. It's still awesome to see IU basketball doing well though.

QuoteLike a 40 point swing in that MSU/IU game though, freaking insane.

Yeah, it was nuts!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES