Legends?

Started by Blood Wake, December 04, 2011, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

What happened to the Legends page where you can look at the scores of all the past rounds? That should be an important link from the index page
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Rakefur

Nice idea. Like QMT and Empires has.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Durza

Admin, please help us!
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Shadow

There's a stick in the turbo forum with all the scores
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

's interesting
There did indeed used to be a legends.php file that showed the prior round's top ten, but the database where those rounds are stored hasn't been updated since Round 14...  so its been a while.
Some things have been renamed, others shifted around, and I don't think there's a link to legends.php anymore -- basically its old legacy code that was long since abandoned

As Shadow said, the turbo forum has recorded all the rounds -- just search for the relevant one
If there's enough interest I'll see about patching legends.php back up, shouldn't be much to it
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Blood Wake

I think it would be nice for new people to visit the website for the first time and be aware that they may be able to leave a mark as a "Legend" forever.

Having it on Turbo forums seems to make it exclusive to the people who are true RWLers and actually know where to find such knowledge.

Noobs should be able to see our history.

I know that if I were visiting the site for the first time, the Legends page would encourage me that the game is worth playing.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h