Turbo Round 51 Immortalization

Started by Shadow, October 28, 2011, 09:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevah

Volkov said: Sevz had the whole round, more or less unmolested.
That's probably the most uninformed statement i've heard. If there wasn't a landfarm i'd have most defences by miles. Think I finished with 20% block rating (best out)
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteVolkov said: Sevz had the whole round, more or less unmolested.
That's probably the most uninformed statement i've heard. If there wasn't a landfarm i'd have most defences by miles. Think I finished with 20% block rating (best out)

LOL. Mmk Sevz. Because you totally didn't have a massive troop defense at the beginning of the round that caused people to try to break you for land all the time. Also, you of course didn't have a partner to send your cash too when you had a high land total, so people couldn't sack you for lots of cash. You were more or less unmolested in the ways that mattered.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevah

I was ditching networth so I could drop under 100m net and get a 20% bonus on a 175ratio with a 200% powered mission plus 10% race bonus on as many leaders as the server provides. (usually $35b per 50turns)
No choice but to get rid of the networth so I could access land. Players who had heaps of food net are extremely lazy and sloppy getting land from below. They wait for someone like me to scrape it up then they take it and leave it spread.

You need me. I'm the reason everyone scouts good land into the game. Without me redwall turbo would be fighting over the same 100k
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Peace Alliance

We've had plenty of good scrapers over the years. Juska, Oblit, Holby (when he's so inclined), myself, ereptor... a few others I can't remember. It's not like you're the only one who know's how to do it, you were just the only one last round.

Firetooth

I'm a good scraper when I want to be.

I agree with Sevz though, most people don't scrape as much as they could. The problem was just heightened because everybody was unclanned, more or less.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

I don't see why this is a "problem". Sure it makes you less productive, but isn't the point to find a way to be productive while keeping everyone else away from that?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Pippin

even if land wasnt being produced, everyone would be running on similar land, so everyone would be producing less, maybe indys would suffer more
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on October 31, 2011, 01:48:09 PM
I don't see why this is a "problem". Sure it makes you less productive, but isn't the point to find a way to be productive while keeping everyone else away from that?
True, but this isn't about people dropping land or making land hard to acquire to make people struggle to get land, people don't run on good land to begin with.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

When they don't, then neither do you. On average, it balances out.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sharptooh

Quote from: Sevah on October 31, 2011, 06:11:19 AM
You need me. I'm the reason everyone scouts good land into the game. Without me redwall turbo would be fighting over the same 100k

Most of the top 10 were unclanned leader players

Every tried doing an open attack op on an unclanned leader? In fact ever tried doing an open attack op on an indy? The losses are terrible.

Back a few rounds ago when most people were clanned and open attack op didn't take losses people were able to scrape more easily, the current environment makes that harder and unless people start clanning up majorly, or the admins decide to change the rate at which players unmax then I doubt this will change anytime soon.

Quote from: Shadow on October 31, 2011, 01:48:09 PM

That's why I didn't beat myself up too much when I saw most people on decent land maxed out, I can't spend forever scraping and besides, if I finish on less land that means my rivals will finish on even less unless they're clanned or have some serious time to waste.

Briar

Good round all. Not gonna lie, I had no idea what was going on with my clan 99% of the time. Turns out we were actually helping Order or something...again so confused....I'll thank Vargarth for that.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI was ditching networth so I could drop under 100m net and get a 20% bonus on a 175ratio with a 200% powered mission plus 10% race bonus on as many leaders as the server provides.

I know this. It doesn't change what I said.

QuoteNo choice but to get rid of the networth so I could access land. Players who had heaps of food net are extremely lazy and sloppy getting land from below. They wait for someone like me to scrape it up then they take it and leave it spread.

When I was unclanned, I was rarely lazy about taking land. I just had issues with everyone being maxed all the time. There are only so many leaders I'm willing to kill to unmax someone. Even so, I almost always scraped up more land than any other leader player. When I clanned up and went to net protection mode, I would drop land, leaving it spread as heck, but that was deliberate. I was trying to disadvantage all the other leader players.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES