Development details!

Started by Shadow, February 26, 2011, 08:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

I just did an indy run, had no cash problems at all. Seems like I used no food too, didn't build any foragers. I did have 37 mil food to start and sacked a bit, but I ended up with 73 mil and wasn't worrying at all.

I'll see what the next run is like when I'm starting with troops.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

The output of woldcat pressgang has been increase by 25%, and the loyalty cost tweaked slightly.

Rat and lizard now consume 20% more food than previously, based on reports that food costs were almost negligible.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Neobaron

I read the first and second pages, so this might have been asked but...

When you guys say "balance" does that imply knocking leaders down from overpowered to the realm of "viable but no more so than X" or buffing the crap out of everything else to be as viable as leadering?

I stopped playing because there was only one way to be competitive in the long term. Would be nice if that wasn't the case anymore.

---

Basically I guess the question is this:

In your effort to balance, are you fixing the broken strat (leaders), or breaking the rest of the strats?

Or are you actually balancing both ways?
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Shadow

We are doing our best to balance both ways, but there are some fundamental problems in that leaders can destroy stuff, whereas other strategies cannot (as easily). The balances include giving non leader strategies more ways to defend their stuff from leaders, however.

The other issue is that leader net is cumulative, whereas indy (and casher and farmer) net is built up from scratch almost every run.

The first step was simply to make everything less extreme, however. With the new balance, you should be able to play almost any strategy with almost any race with some efficiency, while each race still excels at a single one.

There are still a ton of ideas floating around my head if the balance is still not restored, so I encourage you to sign up for a while and give us your feedback. The more minds we have on it, the better.

Shadow

The land gain multiplers for sack, drive, chaos, etc have been put back in in a way that should get rod if the land discrepencies. If you see land errors on your account (and you haven't been in any online battles lately) please let us know ASAP.

Shadow

There was a bug whereby too much free land was being taken in the above. Please test it by attacking the landfarm and report back if you kill it one hit ^_^. It should be fine now.

Shadow

OOOOOOOOOOk.... I am not going to say it's working, in case I jinx it, but there is now one less bug ^_^ Sorry guys, my newbie coding skill with PHP are shining through.

Please test? Use all attack types, on both other players and the land farm, as well as standard.

Shadow

So, we just diagnosed a bug whereby towers were not working as planned. They now work properly. They give 500 DP each, provided you have at least 100 rats per tower. If you have only 50 rats per tower, they give 250 DP each, for example.

The fix has also been put on reg

Shadow

I just noticed that the net for troops and cash and food depends on the merc prices for troops. The recent changes in merc buy prices mean that food and cash net has been reduced by 5%, and troop net has been increased by 5% (roughly)

Is this ok with everyone? I see no problem with it, but it is something to consider. We could always change the way net is calculated if you don't like it.

Shadow

bump for people who have been asking me about this recently.

Sevah

it's good but troops are too expensive. Consider the off and def variables
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Shadow

Can you give me an example illustrating what you mean?