The Doctor

Started by Briar, November 06, 2008, 09:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisey

I don't watch TV, but I've seen on episode of Doctor Who.  It was pretty good -- a friend showed it to me.  She's also interested in a similar-ish show called Torch Wood, if anyone has ever heard of it.
☠♪ Tenebris In Lux (Wisey) ♪☠
Forever metal and vikings

Firetooth

Quote from: Wisey on June 22, 2010, 07:14:22 PM
I don't watch TV, but I've seen on episode of Doctor Who.  It was pretty good -- a friend showed it to me.  She's also interested in a similar-ish show called Torch Wood, if anyone has ever heard of it.
Torchwood's good, a direct spin off. I say this in a non-homophobic way, but the focus on Jack's sexuality is annoying though, not because he's gay, the same problem would be there if he was straight-too much needlas emphasis when other characters are left undeveloped.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Stella Cadente

Agreed.  The ending of Torchwood was just depressing.

The ending of Doctor Who, on the other hand, quite well done.  Smith grew on me and I think he's making out to be a pretty good doctor.  I wish he'd throw Amy out of the TARDIS, but oh well.  Rory makes an excellent companion though.

Holby

You so shouldn't have deleted your account. Posts by 'randoms' freak me out when they give the impression of having been around for ages.
I will not deleted this

Ungatt Trunn II

Quote from: Holby on July 22, 2010, 07:39:04 PM
Posts by 'randoms' freak me out when they give the impression of having been around for ages.
QuoteDate Registered:   January 09, 2003, 07:06:59 PM

You have...
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Stella Cadente

Quote from: Holby on July 22, 2010, 07:39:04 PM
You so shouldn't have deleted your account. Posts by 'randoms' freak me out when they give the impression of having been around for ages.

I had my reasons good sir.  Sorry you freak you out, haha

Briar

RIP Elisabeth Sladen.

You were one of the best classic companions the Doctor had.

On another note
Doctor Who this weekend!!
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Ashyra Nightwing

Yeah, saddest face ever when I heard about Sarah Jane. :( There was a dedication to her at the beginning of this week's episode though. Which was probably the scariest episode I've ever seen.

Briar

I'm not sure if I'm going to like the whole Amy-child storyline.

The question is....who is the father, eh?
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Briar on May 05, 2011, 08:24:38 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going to like the whole Amy-child storyline.

The question is....who is the father, eh?

It's not going to be the Doctor, they already mentioned that they don't know what side-effects are caused by time-travelling while pregnant so I'm guessing something to do with that... :P

With Stephen Moffat writing, nothing is ever what it seems. It might not even be Amy's child. Anything could happen..

Sharptooh

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on May 06, 2011, 06:04:56 AM
With Stephen Moffat writing, nothing is ever what it seems. It might not even be Amy's child. Anything could happen..

I preffered it when the other guy was writing . . . I could actually understand the plotline back then

And it's great that they built up to 'the silence' alluding it in different episodes, but I honestly don't remember those quotes from the first episode with Matt Smith because it was what? Nearly two years ago now? I can't remember back that far.

Briar

Wait....which quotes are you referring to?

Possibly a clue to this mystery child:

On IMDB she is listed as "Young Lucy Saxon"

Briar

Neil Gaiman's episode was pretty good.

"Sexy"