April fools jokes over the years

Started by wolf bite, April 02, 2011, 06:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

What RWL historian can recall all the April fools jokes over the years? I recall few. There was the time Retto wrote a long letter explaining the reasons he was shutting down the game, Peace and I pretended to have a rip raring fight on the forum, and then of course there was the marsupials invasion.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ashyra Nightwing

Happy Pony Raising: Warlords. That is all.

...Did that actually happen or did I dream that up?

Holby

Happened!

I think
I will not deleted this

Ashyra Nightwing

I think there was a cheese-related one as well. I'm sure when Shael finds this topic she'll clear this up for us :)

The Lady Shael

Aww! It's funny you post this cause I was trying to remember them all earlier.

Let's give this a try (I hope you guys have a lot of free time to read this):

2003: RWL became Redwall: Happy Pony Raising. Retto changed the names of the troops and building structures to be pony-related. [link] [link2]

Both Retto and Stormy also announced their resignation from RWL. Stormy was actually serious, but he still stuck around for a quite a while.

Retto's post

Stormy's post

2004: I think we missed it this year.  :(

2005: wolf changed all the troop names to marsupials. I can't seem to find any specifics =/ I also played around with the forum word filter, resulting in some highly entertaining posts. [link]

2006: The staff's most involved April Fool's joke EVER. Peace pretended to be really upset with the staff, and we were all arguing in view of the forum members. You just have to read it for yourself. The original name of the topic was "Since i've been admin" but we changed it so people who came across it didn't think it was real. We got you guys good.  :P Some people thought it was a little mean though, so we haven't done anything like it ever since.

2007: RWL became Redwall: Penguin Warlords. Everywhere it said "Warlord", it actually said "Penguin". [link] [link2]

2008: Changed the names of the locations to Peace Land, Shael Land, and wolf Land. [link]
Apparently I also changed the names of the troop types, one of them was Painting Elephants. [link]

2009: Messed with the forum word filter and changed the game to Redwall: Twilight Warlords. I changed the troop names to Edwards, Bellas, Jacobs, etc. [link]

2010: I think we missed it this year too. =/

2011: Announced a new mission in General's Hut that increased all resources by 10%. In reality, the mission did nothing, and the cost was always one more point of loyalty than the player had. Later I pretended to "fix" it, and the cost was changed to 10 loyalty, and running the mission displayed the April Fools message. [link] I also changed the names of the locations to windy's Aquarium, Peace's Den, and Shael's Garden. [link]

I can't seem to find any posts relating to a cheese-related April Fools joke, but I really thought we had one too. We probably did, it's possible the posts got lost on the forum somehow.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Neobaron

Quote2003: RWL became Redwall: Happy Pony Raising. Retto changed the names of the troops and building structures to be pony-related.

Badphone has no sense of humor.

---

Quote2006: The staff's most involved April Fool's joke EVER. Peace pretended to be really upset with the staff, and we were all arguing in view of the forum members. You just have to read it for yourself. The original name of the topic was "Since i've been admin" but we changed it so people who came across it didn't think it was real. We got you guys good.   Some people thought it was a little mean though, so we haven't done anything like it ever since.

I don't either, apparently.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Krowdon

Quote2009: Messed with the forum word filter and changed the game to Redwall: Twilight Warlords. I changed the troop names to Edwards, Bellas, Jacobs, etc.

I joined the forums on this day! I remember being really confused with the word filter. I think I even asked someone what "The Awesome place" was.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Briar

i remember the Twilight one...it was awesome
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gen. Volkov

I enjoy Holby's old posts. Also the fact that I blazed past him in post count, without even spamming all that much. Wow... actually I have the second highest post count on the forums, after Peace. Talkative sonofagun aren't I? Well that and I've been here for 8 freaking years...

Quote2006: The staff's most involved April Fool's joke EVER. Peace pretended to be really upset with the staff, and we were all arguing in view of the forum members. You just have to read it for yourself. The original name of the topic was "Since i've been admin" but we changed it so people who came across it didn't think it was real. We got you guys good.  Tongue Some people thought it was a little mean though, so we haven't done anything like it ever since.

Oh, and I still hate you all over this one. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Kyrolin Zenyar

Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

Menatus

I remember the Pony one...XD And Stormclaw and Retto, because I'm the first post response on both of them, I guess.

The Lady Shael

That makes you old, Tania. =p

And me too I guess.  :(
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Menatus

Ah, so many good times. It seems like forum communities in general just aren't as popular as they used to be. Maybe it's just me, though...