Best thing ever? Yes, yes it is.

Started by Shadow, February 10, 2011, 05:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Shadow, that is awesome! That reminds me of a project I did in my AI for Games class...we used genetic algorithms to train a computer player. We used an evolving artificial neural network written by our professor, called NEAT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_neural_network

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeuroEvolution_of_Augmented_Topologies

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

I think genetic algorithms are just about the coolest thing in comp sci that there is. I haven't yet had a chance to build one, but I will :)

The Lady Shael

This makes me want to make an AI game again. How cool would it be to train a RWL computer player? You could put 100 AI players on a server and have generations run every 10 minutes or less.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

I imagine a genetic algorithm for  RWL player would be quite complicated, given the sheer number of variables involved in RWL ^_^

But it would be completely off the wall awesome if it worked.

Krowdon

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Ungatt Trunn II

Last time I used the derp bike thing all you could control was mutation rate and 1 other thing...

Now I can make a custom OMGWTF derp bike.

Oh the times, they are a-changin'.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Krowdon

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works