Game Change - Aid 3X max to clanmates

Started by Peace Alliance, September 24, 2009, 11:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neobaron

You cant really find the middle ground until you experience both extremes.

With it as it was, a clan was just a glorified bank.

With it much lower, players will still be able to work independently, but they will be forced to actually function as a team if they choose to clan. However, while that is a good thing, it will just push the indys lower and lower until they are fixed as they will be forced to hold onto (some of) that net rather than sending it off, which means lower returns.

Moar strategy, less backspace/enter. Its a good change. I hope we can embrace it and see where it leads us rather than moan all over the place.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Peace Alliance

Well because aid is for helping out your allies, not sending away goods so that you can play the game without upkeep. If your ally is bigger then 3X your NW, then he/she likely doesn't need your aid...

Gen. Volkov

I'm pretty sure it was originally 10X, not 3X, for clans. I think if you are clanned, you should have benefits over the unclanned, including the range of networth you can aid to. The difference between 100 mil NW and 300 mil is fairly small, in a game where solo networths can reach into the billions. If a clanmate needs a little loyalty, but are more than 3 times bigger than you, it doesn't seem very fair that you can't help them out. I can easily see a situation where someone who is only 3X bigger than you would need a little help. Not so much 10X. But since it's basically impossible to argue with Peace once his mind is set on something, I'm just going to give up now. I agree with the idea of limiting aid NW, I just disagree with the amount, much like Holby does.

My two cents.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

Volkov, we are so awesome together.

Everyone has kind of agreed that 5x is good. Can't we just change it to that?
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

QuoteVolkov, we are so awesome together.

XD. Yes, yes we are.

QuoteEveryone has kind of agreed that 5x is good. Can't we just change it to that?

Ditto.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Marell

Is this still going ahead Peace?

I changed my game plans in reg at the start of October to account for the changes, but a month later, I still see clans (including your own, Blackfly) boosting members without limit:-\ ...as far as I can tell.
I don't really mind, but just want to know what the situation is.

Personally I'd agree to the suggested compromise of 5x limit, but I'd be even happier to see it left unlimited. Espescially for reg, so that emping doesn't get affected.

Peace Alliance

[edit]

It was just put in. ENJOY!

Wolf Snare

IT was originally 10x, but I guess we'll see how 5x works for now.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

I think 5X is still a bit high, but we'll see how it goes.

Gen. Volkov

Peace Alliance

The Lady Shael

Nope, it only goes for warlords 5x higher.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov