idea for new espionage stat...

Started by lonewolf1817, December 16, 2009, 02:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonewolf1817

i think it would be cool if your espionage was successfull; to show you how the enemy was using there land...... anyone else like it? Or see any major flaw in it?
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Peace Alliance

Well, there is a bit of an important mystique that comes with guessing somebody's building arrangements. Not knowing how many towers someone has is one of the most useful things about guard towers.

lonewolf1817

not knowing someones stats troops cash food & leaders are just as much of a mystique thus why i proposed the idea.... might be a fun piece of new info
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Death

Cast Scry at Valhall to see what he means in action, it's kind of neat.

Marell

Would be cool to make a new race which has that as its ability. Perhaps a leader race with average produciton ability, but has a more poweful espionage spell which is far more likely to be successful and returns more indepth info..

Hawk or Eagle or something, which would fit with it being able to get an aerial view of the enemy.

Not that it would be a good enough ability to make anyone actually choose to be that race I spose though haha  :P

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Marell on December 19, 2009, 12:28:21 AM
Would be cool to make a new race which has that as its ability. Perhaps a leader race with average produciton ability, but has a more poweful espionage spell which is far more likely to be successful and returns more indepth info..

Hawk or Eagle or something, which would fit with it being able to get an aerial view of the enemy.

Not that it would be a good enough ability to make anyone actually choose to be that race I spose though haha  :P

I like this idea. A lot actually. If you think about it, A race like this is the perfect team mate. They can scout out other empires with lots of resources, or troops and send it all to the clan. The clan could then pick their strengths organize and destroy/take. In addition to espionaging, it could have some leader abilitys, or a farmer or something and still produce plenty of resources.  It would add a whole nother level of gameplay. The only problem with it is that, every team would have one, and hiding your resources just got that much harder ;)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Well just like at valhall, scry is a separate spell. I s'pose you could make this more powerful spell only available to that race, opposed to powering-up espionage, and make the new spell require better ratio, less chance to succeed, more loyalty etc. It would also need another special spell, probably quite a weak one, or the race wouldn't be much use, despite the spell.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

How does scry differ from espy? I have never played Valhall
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Scry returns the entire Army Status page.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

That could be cool. I don't think it's powerful enough to have as a race ability though - maybe just an offensive mission that is about as hard to do a poison, say.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

lonewolf1817

add in my new idea "ability to aid leaders" and uve got one (decent to compete with) leader friendly race....