Why bother?

Started by Death, September 22, 2009, 03:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death

I've been wondering this for the last 5 minutes or so after talking to an old Prom buddy about us maybe popping into QMT again for a set, why do you play Prom?

Personally, I don't. Started 5 or 6 years ago and really only enjoyed 3 or 4 of those years, the rest was dealing with whiny and cheap players who just aid people for wins, instead of people actually getting the rank that they earned. I think this was more of a problem at Valhall and WGZ than anywhere else, but those were my main games so I got plenty of it. Taking them down is only satisfying until you realize they'll never stop so long as they have players willing to help them. Now when I go to any Prom site it's really just out of boredom, or for a little hit of nostalgia. Seems like the quality of the games and the quality of the players themselves has gone [what I consider] down in the last few years and I was just never a big fan of spending my time playing against people who have no idea what they're doing. Part of the problem with my activity might be that from day one I had a clear goal, which was to take a win on every Valhall server, and once I did that I just kind of said screw it.

anywaysimdoneramblingnow

Gen. Volkov

I think I mostly still play out of boredom and because I have friends here. I think it's become more the social aspect than the gameplay that keeps me here. Not that I don't have a real life social life of course.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

A hobby.

Death it kind of just sounds like you've grown up.

Firetooth

I play usually because people ask me to :P
Or sometimes I actually quite enjoy it. Btw, nice picture you got there Peace ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Juska

Because I get some kind of enjoyment from it and I am still finding new ways to play the game and I've been playing for 7 years (wow). This set at QMT I'm playing a Gremlin for the first time, they are truly amazing.

I'm rather bored with this server, especially turbo. I just can't seem to find the will play actively here. Although I think I might try to imitate Sevz and try to perfectly take advantage of hit limits.

Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19