hey

Started by Blood Wake, July 07, 2009, 12:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

why is it that after you leave a clan you can't join another one for three days? that's a little extreme and rediculous I think.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Shadow

It was supposed to be a clan hopping fix, but it failed and got left in the code for lack of an alternative :P

There are a few possible alternatives that are being discussed, but if you have ideas for better solutions that you want to share feel free to post them.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Blood Wake

well I can't think of a better way to do it really. but you could always make the wait period shorter. 3 days is a long time. all I've done is leave a clan to join another and I have to wait three days. that's just stupid. it's not like I'm hopping around for killing purposes or anything.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Shadow

Well, I think we just need to change it to lock people IN clans for three days instead of out of them ^_^ But there are problems with that that would require an overhaul of the clan system. So it will take a while before anything changes much.

Blood Wake

well (at least before this new code) it did lock you IN a clan for three days after joining. I believe that's still in effect though. but the loop around that is that the leader or assistant can still kick you out.

h

Shadow

yeah that's what I meant - for three days, you should be stuck no matter what. But that leaves people open to someone who manages to get the password unauthorized and gain access to a rival clan - the fix for that would be to abolish the password system and have people "apply" to a clan, to be accepted by the leader or assistant leaders when they log in. But that means major coding work and some other ironing out, so it isn't likely to happen soon. But if you want to run with that idea and give some suggestions or problems that you see, we might as well has out the planning stages.

The Obliterator

Quote from: Shadow on July 07, 2009, 02:02:46 PM
yeah that's what I meant - for three days, you should be stuck no matter what. But that leaves people open to someone who manages to get the password unauthorized and gain access to a rival clan - the fix for that would be to abolish the password system and have people "apply" to a clan, to be accepted by the leader or assistant leaders when they log in. But that means major coding work and some other ironing out, so it isn't likely to happen soon. But if you want to run with that idea and give some suggestions or problems that you see, we might as well has out the planning stages.

Another fix could be that you could open the clan member up to attacks by the rest of the clan.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Juska

You could take a look at the Newest version of QM Prom. It has a invite system to join clans and it may help you to modify the code.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19