turbo round idea

Started by Shadow, April 09, 2009, 04:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

How about a no barracks round? All the troops have to come off the markets. It would promote market use, both public and mercs.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Er.  So a no-indy round?

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Basically. Would make defensive playing really fun.

The Obliterator

Not really
Think about all the players who dont have any idea about how to leader it would be really hard on them.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Marell

Would be fun - it would be a bit tough on new players, but it'd be worth giving it a try.

I'd also like a round which somehow promoted old style solo indying. Would probably have to be a 'no clans' round, or at least get rid of unlimited aid...unlimited aid killed solo indying imo.

Firetooth

Quote from: Marell on April 10, 2009, 08:51:05 AM
Would be fun - it would be a bit tough on new players, but it'd be worth giving it a try.

I'd also like a round which somehow promoted old style solo indying. Would probably have to be a 'no clans' round, or at least get rid of unlimited aid...unlimited aid killed solo indying imo.
I'd like that too, and as Oblit pointed out leadering is quite tricky. Indying is alot easier to learn.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

You get your wish Shadow. 
It was simple to setup.  We're a good third of the way through the round anyways, so the indies wont have to suffer long.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

Lol I'm first with 250land and 0net!
Also 0turns...ugg displays my mood lol
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Red Fang

i dont know but whenever i try to make a turbo account this pops up

Something Has Occured
MySQL Query Error (1064) You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'll have to buy all your troops from either mercs or the public market Frequent' at line 1

Shadow

Hey cool, this could be interesting.

Firetooth

My account no longer lets me log on
Ugg :D

windhound

Was it a number greater than 7 and less than 25?
All those accounts got purged.  They were basically zombies.

Please recreate.