If you were in charge of RWL for a day...

Started by The Lady Shael, April 14, 2009, 09:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

So say the entire staff of RWL coincidentally had something really important to do on the same day, and they came to YOU to ask if you could run RWL for a day. What would you do? You are the only staff member pro tempore, and assume you have all the programming knowledge you need to do what you want. Feel free to take this as seriously or non-seriously as you want. Staff members can answer too. =) Go!
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

Cluny's Hut would permanently be changed to Holby's Hut in honour of my skill and charismatic personality.
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

I would assemble a team to search wildly through the code for the famed PAbug, written many years ago by Retto when he was upset at how much better I was then everyone else in the game and had to level the playing field....

Then I would go mad with power.

Holby

I will not deleted this

Krowdon

I would add some colour to the website then eat Firetooths soul.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Juska

Mod all of Wolf Snare's and Holby's posts.

J/k.

I'd give the game good race stats and nerf leader attack land gain and remove attack opportunity spells.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

I would make attack opportunity affected by raised shields. And rework most of the losses formulas ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ungatt Trunn II

DIE HIPPIE DIE

bjornredtail

Completely re-write the source code from scratch. Except, document my code, and use better (read: more maintainable) design. Of course, I'd also leave the visual design at minimum functionality (read: ugly) for Peace to fix up later :)

Baring that, I'd take a version of FAF, clean up it's install system and the various outstanding bugs I know of, port Peace's visual design to it. Then, I'd use something like Doxygen to document every last function (and while I was at it, I would split as much stuff as possible into functions). Then, I'd copy the existing reg and turbo rounds into it (hey, we are assuming I'm acctually good at the stuff I kindof know how to do :) )

Baring that, I'd work on SVN. I'd set up the actual repo out of web-space. Then I'd have a crontab copy it into a testing directory (and run its database setup stuff) once a day. Repeat for both reg and turbo, and for those I'd have a manually fired script to 'install'  (read: copy all changed files) it into reg or turbo. Wait, there's really nothing preventing me from doing that right now... Bah, I'll do it later. Oh, and turn doxygen loose on RWL too.

Oh, and I'd definitely bring back the old forum theme.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Death

I would probably ban people at random and then alter other accounts to something embarrassing as people complained.

Daryn

hmmmmmmmm
ill probably change everyone's names to someone embarrassing and ummmmm blame it all on someone else
ill add some other stuff for each race and more races
Pies.