Capture

Started by Shadow, February 06, 2009, 11:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Capture now only takes leaders every third or ffourth attack. Is this an intentional change or a problem with the new attack system?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

Iv found it sometimes does that when attacking specific people.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Marell

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I'd say it was an unnecessary change if it was intentionally done, as capture wasn't really overpowered.

Briar

I use capture and haven't had any issues.  Like Oblit said, maybe some people it takes more and others you can get on the first try.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Shadow

It has nothing to do with specific people, the code isn't built with "if Shadow" statements in it. You're just seeing patterns where there are none. More likely it depends on settings within the account.

The Obliterator

im thinking like with diff races
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Peace Alliance

It is an unintentional change

bjornredtail

Unintentional change? Can't we say bug anymore?

Does this happen in Regular or Turbo? Moreover, how long has this been happening?
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Shadow

As far as I can tell it's both servers, and it has been happening since Shael changed the attack system. So it's probably something overlooked there. If you want some more data on it I can do some tests for you.

Shadow

Is it possible that when using the condensed attack system, putting it on capture only sets 25% of your army to capture even though only one group is displayed? I've noticed that drive takes less land than before as well, could it be that the setting is only affecting one quartered group even though only one group is listed?

bjornredtail

I'll have to look at the code a bit later. I've got DBMS implementation homework to do now... Sorry folks.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!