Nadal ruining Pavise

Started by Checkerpaw, October 21, 2008, 01:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

No Checker, I just fail to see the logic of what you are saying:

The goal of this round is to have a good defense. There are many ways to do this. One way is to aid up a member and thereby give him a good defense, and continue from there. Pavise is a completely new clan. It's doubtful that most of them have any idea what defense means, except in general terms. Shade holding their net is a good thing for the clan, because it gives him a good defense, and since he has only a few total defenses, a few failures add a lot to his rating, and thereby the clan's. All the other members have a lot of defenses, so keeping defending armies on them has a much tinier net effect on the overall clan rating. Also, keeping net in Shade protects it better than any of the others could, and on top of all that, gives the clan a much better chance of ending up in the top place at the end of the round.

Now I have no idea how much off this Shade reasoned out. None, according to his earlier posts. But, from a mathematical point of view (or possibly arithmetical, if that's a word) his actions do nothing but good for the overall success of his clan.

Is this reasoning clear enough for you?

These aren't great leaps of logic. They are fairly self-evident if you think about it. Which is why your first post and argument are getting shot down. Which in turn tends to turn into you attacking the character (or SPAG) of those who are arguing with you instead of coming up with a counterargument. Like we see in this thread.

Kindly reply with a reasoned argument or don't reply at all.

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Took it too literal you did, Checker.
I would hope you would not have genuine hatred over a game of any sorts.  Infact, I would hope you did not harbour genuine hatred at all
Sarcasm is hard to detect on the internets, I know, but do watch out for it.  There is no logical reason to read my comment and think I meant you actually hated Shade

You are, however, focusing on him.  Singling him out among the crowd of others that are doing as he is.
Having a clan send a good portion of its earnings to one member is a classic strategy, its not new...  and its Pavise's decision as a clan to do so.

Also, its not what you say but how you say it.
"It's a moot point now, though, since it appears Nadal had half of his net murdered away this evening.  Good riddance."
There's no sarcasm in there that I can find.  There is, however, a bitter tone.
"Look here, Shadykins, I understand you're frustrated because someone just erased half your net, but please, that's no reason to take it out on yours truly."
And here you're quite clearly gloating, with a condescending tone at that. 
If that's not how you intended it, go grab a dictionary.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't