Online Camping

Started by taekwondokid42, October 09, 2008, 08:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

Okay, it has come to my attention that people seem to think that if they are online, their land is safe.

Well, you may have all day to camp-out online, but the rest of us don't have time to wait until you get off. If you are not using turns, you are open to attack. It has happened several times now where someone has not used turns in several minutes, 25 in one case, and yet they still retaliated upon being attacked, ruining my run.

Now, if the unspoken rules of the game has changed, let it be so, I will construct my runs differently. Otherwise, make your run and let go of your land.

Holby

If I'm not running, (and when I'm not, it's rather obvious), go for it. I am online a lot of the time checking forums/writing mail. I check in several times an hour if I'm online doing stuff. I don't mean to be a problem, ask if you're not sure.

Thanks
I will not deleted this

windhound

Yep, just send a message
If no reply in 3 min you're generally safe
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Quotemake your run and let go of your land.

That kind of defeats the purpose of the round, but i agree that campoing should not be a defense tactic.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

Well, I don't mean just let go of it. If you want to try to defend it with troops and leaders, go ahead, but don't sit around and wait to online anybody who breaks you.

Messaging is good though.