Acquiescence

Started by taekwondokid42, August 14, 2008, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Misunderstandings, misunderstandings.

It is untrue that I have enforced intentional maxing. Sure, I enforced the no land loss. And I have investigated reports of intentional maxing to be sure there was no land loss. I was also behind the seines trying to figure out what programming could be put in to stop intentional maxing. However, Sheal's time was limited. It was never made a rule (that I know of) that intentional maxing would be against the rules. After intentional maxing has occurred, I would recommend to the people complaining that it was one of the few things that justified a kill run. A member enforced punishment for bad sportsmanship!

Just like in grammar school, when the teacher was ill and there was a substitute teacher, that teacher would have no choice but to believe the students as to class assignments. If when I was gone, and reputable members honestly told Sheal what rules they thought I enforced, and she enforced those rules, it is simply a boo-boo on everyones side. But it does not change the rules. (She has my cell phone text message and next time will surely verify when I am on the road.)

As far as making a program adjustment to make it imposable to intentionally max. The problem we had was that the game has a hard time determining the difference between a suicide run and intentional maxing. We never came up with a solution.

One, stop attacks when you've failed on one person too many times. (like 8 or 10 times)
Would stop a suicide run

Two, add a rule that you MUST attack with a certain percentage of your army.
The intentional maxer would just have a small army

Or three, failing an attack doesn't count towards the 21 possible attacks.
Would way overpower someone on a suicide run to infinitely.

See, this is not that easy. But the end result is that besides cheating, bugs and bro accounts, the staff should not need to monitor the game.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A RULE!

Fine, at least give kell back his immort then.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Firetooth on August 17, 2008, 12:51:34 PM
IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A RULE!

Fine, at least give kell back his immort then.

Hey Firetooth, can I be in your turbo clan this round?  Please?
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

taekwondokid42

This topic has been locked, because it has been thoroughly discussed and is starting to go off-topic.

~taek

~moderat- err, good Samaritan duties