Cloak

Started by Shadow, May 30, 2008, 05:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Fox cloak needs some adjustments. Why? Because I know 3 ways to find the true net of a fox without using espy, one using espy and one way that doesn't even require turns.

I'm not sure what the best change would be. Discuss.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

CobyCopper

Quote from: Shadow on May 30, 2008, 05:50:20 PM
Fox cloak needs some adjustments. Why? Because I know 3 ways to find the true net of a fox without using espy, one using espy and one way that doesn't even require turns.

I'm not sure what the best change would be. Discuss.
I'm not terribly sure I agree, Shadow. Fox's Cloak should have its own problems--remember it's only a visible change, but the change makes it harder for most players to figure out. Having it there, even by accident, evens out the playing field. Remember that even when espionaging a Fox, the troop numbers are not completely correct.

Shadow

But it doesn't do anything. It's a complete waste of turns against someone who knows how to get around it. I have avoided spreading it around, but it is pretty basic math and I'm sure it will find its way out eventually anyway. I love the idea of cloak, I just think there should be a little more randomness involved so that the result you get is a rough estimate at best.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

CobyCopper

Quote from: Shadow on May 30, 2008, 06:12:56 PM
But it doesn't do anything. It's a complete waste of turns against someone who knows how to get around it. I have avoided spreading it around, but it is pretty basic math and I'm sure it will find its way out eventually anyway. I love the idea of cloak, I just think there should be a little more randomness involved so that the result you get is a rough estimate at best.
I'll PM Shael the method I think would be best to stop it--specifically the no-turns-used method. Just a quick fix really, but it should be effective. I'll get to her ASAP about it--and look in your mailbox on the forums and I'll send it to you too.

taekwondokid42

Yeah, I agree. Although I love knowing (and having discoverd  ;)) how to find out a fox's networth without using turns, I do agree that it defeats the purpose.

Peace Alliance

Well, the issue is that the spell is approached the opposite way it should be:

Right now there are 2 variables for your NW if you a fox. (at least i think so)

one variable is your TRUE NW, the other is your CLOAKED NW.

right now your true NW is simply hidden, and the cloaked NW is put in it's place.

We should be changing the TRUE NW to the cloaked one, and then putting the TRUE one in specifically into the area's of the game that would require it, (for a few spells, and for player ref).

That way there wouldn't be workarounds we don't know about, we would know exactly which area's take into account the real NW.