Bring Protection Clans back

Started by Holby, May 04, 2008, 05:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

With the clan forgetting members if they leave (the position settings anyway), the vacation/protection clan problem is no longer relevant as far as I can see.

With a warlord under protection, the protected member didn't have to ever use turns in order for their clan to be used, as the assistant coud kick themselves and other members after they run. But because the settings are lost after leaving, it doesn't matter anyway, and it would be nice at the start of a set to see actual clans in existence. Or when making a new clan in the game, not having to wait for the first run to create. This means waiting nearly an entire week to start a clan (200 + 450/150) after signing up in reg with the current settings.

Am I missing something or is the issue fixed?
I will not deleted this

The Lady Shael

No, you're not missing anything, it's always been that way. You have a point, I can't really think of any way that could be exploited or abused. It's just always been on the list of one of the limitations of being in protection. Of course, we've never ever tried taking that restriction off.

We could try taking it off Turbo. Don't see the point in taking it off Reg.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

But both were originally possible, clans could be made in protection and positions stayed. I think the protection clan thing got fixed, and then someone decided to eliminate jumping, but rendering the first measure useless in the process. Now they're both implemented when only one is needed.

It is still relevant in reg. Recruiting for a new clan is impossible until the clan is formed, but it takes nearly a week after signing up to get out of protection and form it, and Holby thinks that is too long.
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

You are both forgetting things.

We made it so people in protection couldn't be in clans because they could boot everyone else from the clan, and then keep the clan alive, while at the same time being untouchable.

The reason that is a problem became apparent when i attempted to kill everyone on reg. We had somebody in protection hold the clan for us, and then we'd leave after every run.

A better way to fix this would be to make it so that clanmates that are in protection cannot become leaders or assistants, but then there's the problem of if they're they only ones left in the clan, the clan must be automatically disbanded because they cannot become leaders.

Firetooth

Its easy to clan hop this way. They can kick anyone who makes a kill and be unharmed, using 1 turns ever 6days is going to take along time till you run outta protecion :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Holby

Quote from: Peace Alliance on May 04, 2008, 03:46:33 PM
You are both forgetting things.

We made it so people in protection couldn't be in clans because they could boot everyone else from the clan, and then keep the clan alive, while at the same time being untouchable.

The reason that is a problem became apparent when i attempted to kill everyone on reg. We had somebody in protection hold the clan for us, and then we'd leave after every run.

A better way to fix this would be to make it so that clanmates that are in protection cannot become leaders or assistants, but then there's the problem of if they're they only ones left in the clan, the clan must be automatically disbanded because they cannot become leaders.
*Nod* I considered this, but I thought it unlikely an active player to join and continue to log in and use a handful of turns every week just to remain under protection. I assumed the person would act as leader of the clan while everyone ran and booted themselves as assistants/diplomats, so their role would be passive. But yes, it doesn't solve the problem, technically. However, I think largely it's not an issue due to the impracticality of it now.
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

Mmm, maybe not as uncommon as you think. I quite frequently have old players who have no time come back and perform a task similar to that. There are lots who are very frequently online but rarely have time for RWL.

taekwondokid42

It's kinda funny how they never run until they can take 20 bil cash from you, and then ruin your run. :-[