Earning loyalty

Started by The Lady Shael, May 19, 2008, 07:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Bob asked me what goes into making loyalty per turn, so here it is:

If your huts take up more than 15% of your land, then:
loyalty = random number between -> (huts*1.1 and huts*1.5)

If your huts DON'T take up more than 15% of your land, then:
loyalty = huts*1.1

This loyalty is multiplied by your race multiplier.

This goes for any turns being taken. Now if you are Earning loyalty (the actual action), then 25% percent of the loyalty that you JUST earned is also added in.

So basically, only huts and loyalty are used when calculating loyalty.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

taekwondokid42

So you mean that if you earn loyalty, and already have a ton of loyalty, it could just compound? (and are you sure that it is 25% per turn, that is awfully high...)

The Lady Shael

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Shadow

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on May 19, 2008, 08:49:13 PM
So you mean that if you earn loyalty, and already have a ton of loyalty, it could just compound? (and are you sure that it is 25% per turn, that is awfully high...)

Not 25% of your existing loyalty, she means a 25% boost over the huts*(1.1-1.5)
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Nope, it compounds over your existing loyalty.

Shadow

Quote from: The Lady Shael on May 19, 2008, 09:36:01 PM
Nope, it compounds over your existing loyalty.

I don't think you get what Taek meant. He's asking if you have 100 million loyalty, do you get 25 million per turn while earning loyalty. At least that's how I read his statement.

The 25% boost is based on your huts, not how much loyalty you have. Using the "Earn loyalty" function works like this:

huts>15% land

1.25(random number between huts*1.1 and huts*1.5)

huts<15% land

1.25(huts*1.1)

ei: if you normally earn 100,000 loyalty per turn, using the "earn loyalty" function would get you 125,000 loyalty per turn instead.

If it compounded over existing loyalty like Taek meant than loyalty earning would be exponential, and loyalty massing would be a [haties] of a strat :D
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Oh shoot, you're right. I knew what he meant, I was reading the code wrong. Gotta edit my post then.