F'ing Onlining Noobs!!!!

Started by Alazar is Back, May 07, 2008, 09:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

Im really ticked off right now. 2 runs in a row i have been onlined first by Saladin though his hurt me less cause it was semi early in my run. Then today im onlined as i was feasting by Feng Kestrel, I have went a few rounds with being nice to people but now theres gonna be some heads rolling! Im so [wash my mouth out!!!] sick of this bull [poop]!

EDIT: Changed a naughty word to a nicer one. :P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Saladin

Hey, get your facts straight buddy,

I was raising defenses when you onlined me, and my onlining you was in retaliation.
Starfish love you

Death

So they're noobs because they onlined you? I mean.. you're the one who got screwed, I don't see the connection here.

Shadow

As far as I'm concerned, onlining people who aren't locking the land is a low, noob move. Especially if it is unprovoked. I'm not completely sure what happened here, but the game is a little different here Death. If you online attack someone without a good reason, you are a waste of space here.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Death

Onlining is the same everywhere, it does the same thing. The point is to hurt someone, and if that's what you're trying to do it's a darn effective move as far as I'm concerned. It's not really fair, but what is in this game.

Holby

We need to find you a thesaurus, Ala.

Onlining is cheap and normally has a negative impact on both parties, the immediate positive is outweighed by the negative when the guy you hit spends all his time trying to mess you up, or land goes back and forth in a senseless turn-wasting frenzy. If you're trying to annoy someone, hey, it's the ticket. But if you're being smart about it, or even want all the juicy land they have, you're better off waiting till they've finished running.
I will not deleted this

Shadow

The game is what you make it. I play fair, and as a result, people treat me the same way. I suppose I could online everyone, but they would retaliate in kind and I'd rather not go down that road because it benefits nobody.

There are a few good tricks with onlining if you really want to hurt someone, but they require very precise timing, and I doubt Saladin (or anyone else involved) has any idea how to use them. Sooo, as Holby said, they are hurting each other without getting anywhere.

Saladin

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Starfish love you

Death

So you're saying that if you were in a clan, and you were at war with another and one of their members were running turns, you wouldn't online them?

Alazar is Back

Possibly. But in this case our clans were not at war. Rwl is just more close together than most promi's. We don't like bullies or cheap players....
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Death

That's not really a fair statement, I know plenty of games where friends war one another all the time. We just really enjoy it. I get what you mean though, I suppose it is nice to play without having to worry about anyone messing with you.

Shadow

Quote from: Death on May 12, 2008, 01:44:06 AM
So you're saying that if you were in a clan, and you were at war with another and one of their members were running turns, you wouldn't online them?

No I wouldn't. Not unless they had previously done it to me.

Peace Alliance

The reason onlining became a stigma is because it's destructive to both players. And online battle means both of ya burn turns and waste eachother while the defenses are down...

Death

That's not really something you need to explain to anyone like me, lol.

But yes, it is, but if used properly damages them more than you. Just ask Geist.