Mercenaries

Started by Shadow, April 10, 2008, 02:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

The way mercs are set up now a leaderer will always be at a disadvantage to an indier as far as the ability to set up a troop defense goes because the amounts of troops in mercs are all the same, and is a relatively small number for all 4 types relative to land. They also refill at the same rate. An indier, on the other hand, can make 6x as many rats as skiffs and will always give him the offensive edge given similar starting conditions.

My suggestion: make the amount of troops and fill rate in mercenaries affected by the same multipliers as indy troop values. I believe they are:

rats = 1.2
weasels = 0.6
stoats = 0.3
skiffs = 0.2

Thoughts?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on April 10, 2008, 02:46:29 PM
The way mercs are set up now a leaderer will always be at a disadvantage to an indier as far as the ability to set up a troop defense goes because the amounts of troops in mercs are all the same, and is a relatively small number for all 4 types relative to land. They also refill at the same rate. An indier, on the other hand, can make 6x as many rats as skiffs and will always give him the offensive edge given similar starting conditions.

My suggestion: make the amount of troops and fill rate in mercenaries affected by the same multipliers as indy troop values. I believe they are:

rats = 1.2
weasels = 0.6
stoats = 0.3
skiffs = 0.2

Thoughts?
I dunno, keep it the way it is, that way I have an advantage over you leaders :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Obliterator

Quote from: Shadow on April 10, 2008, 02:46:29 PM

rats = 1.2
weasels = 0.6
stoats = 0.3
skiffs = 0.2

Thoughts?

yep thats about the only advantage over leaders i think we should keep it the way it is because you always have the advantage over indyers because we cant have a good leader defence.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better