Smoke dope?

Started by Peace Alliance, April 12, 2004, 05:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

10 minutes jogging is not going to fix the damage I would do to my lungs if I started smoking. Furthermore, the liver's job is to clean out toxins from the blood, it regenerates itself, and to do serious damage to it, I'd have to drink ALOT. The brain damage angle is hard to quantify, but in general, you're not going to hurt your brain through casual drinking. If I were to go out and get blacked out drunk constantly, yeah, I might damage my brain. However, smoking will damage your lungs right from the start, and the damage will only get worse, the longer you smoke. It takes five years to fully regenerate the lungs after you stop smoking, assuming you don't have cancer.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

lonewolf1817

who ever told you drinking isnt bad for you, is a lier....... the damage to your liver is irriplace able..... you only get one.... and your right with the lungs u get 5 years to have them get better.... but they get better! your liver never repairs. and lets not forget to mention the the wasted caliores being obtained as well.... + the headache the next morning, and dont negate the fact that way more ppl check themselfs into rehab every year for drinking then for smokin dope. funny thing about drinking.... blacking out and getting way to drunk... is part of the end all of drinking.... like thats your climax...... if i was the girl and drinking was the guy........  i would be going to get some battery's once he passed out.
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Death

My father has consumed alcohol for the better part of 50 years, is a recovered alcoholic, and still has a perfectly healthy liver. It depends on what you drink.

Gen. Volkov

Quotewho ever told you drinking isnt bad for you, is a lier....... the damage to your liver is irriplace able

Lonewolf, I'm a biology major, I know what I'm talking about. You can lose up to 1/3 of your liver and it will regrow itself. One of it's functions is filtering toxins, like alcohol, out of the blood, if it couldn't take the damage that resulted from that, you wouldn't live very long. Drinking in large quantities is bad for you, but a mild amount of alcohol will not permanently damage the liver. The liver regenerates, and at a much faster pace than the lungs.

http://biomed.brown.edu/Courses/BI108/BI108_2002_Groups/liver/webpage/NormalLiver.htm

Read the second to last paragraph if you don't believe me.

and lets not forget to mention the the wasted caliores being obtained as well.... + the headache the next morning, and dont negate the fact that way more ppl check themselfs into rehab every year for drinking then for smokin dope.

So I'm gaining excess calories from drinking. I already overeat, and there are less calories in a light beer than there are in the pop I would be drinking otherwise. I have never had a hangover. You get a headache/hangover only from drinking to much. As for the last, prove it. Show me the stats that more people go into rehab for alcohol than other drugs.

Quotefunny thing about drinking.... blacking out and getting way to drunk... is part of the end all of drinking.... like thats your climax...... if i was the girl and drinking was the guy........  i would be going to get some battery's once he passed out.

Most people I know don't drink to get blacked out drunk. They drink for the nice buzz and slight release of inhibitions when you are mildly intoxicated. I think you are sadly misinformed about alcohol consumption.

My father has consumed alcohol for the better part of 50 years, is a recovered alcoholic, and still has a perfectly healthy liver. It depends on what you drink.

Exactly. Well, and how much you drink as well.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Saladin

Never have, though intend to.
Starfish love you