health drop

Started by Shadow, January 03, 2008, 02:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

i am losing 8% per single troop attack on turbo
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ruddertail

Using chaos? Perhaps failing attacks? A combination thereof?
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Shadow

i was doing normal attacks, 1 troop type, although they were defended. once i started breaking it went back to 2%.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ruddertail

I've had that happen before. I'm not sure if that's intentional, or a bug. But, yeah, failing attacks can cause 8% health loss.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Peace Alliance

It's intentional. Although i'm considering changing it back to 5 or 6% health loss, that way everyone won't be maxed so often and land won't get so bunched up. (slows down the rate in which every can attack overall, and thus less land can be scraped up [i find it odd that i can always gain more then 5 times the land of anyone else in the game every single run] and also allows for fewer people to get maxed)

windhound

...yes, and its been that way for quite a long time too
as sticker said, 2% success, 8% fail
which is slightly more realistic, if you're overpowering your foe and taking land you're going to come out better than if you're repelled

you gain so much land because you use all your turns attacking sticker
noone else is quite that bloodthirsty apparently
and as far as turbo goes, with the extra turns the rate at which people become unmaxxed should be higher anyways.  its stupid to go and make a run and find that /everyone/ you try to hit is maxxed or very close
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

but if we made the max attacks higher, then people would be able to horde even MORE land per turn. Which might sound like it would help people defend, but it actually just disallows anyone from ever ever ever getting out of reach. I know that if somebody gathers up 80% of the lands game, i can /always/ scrape up the 20% at least enough to break the first guy...

And also, makes it so that nobody bothers defending, because as soon as you're broken, everyone can have at you till you're down to 1 fifth your original land. With so much land deviation defense isn't just impossible, but it's strategically dumb...

Yes, i think the solution would be a 6% health loss on attacks, 8% on failed.

Sicarius

Don't even think about raising the attack limit more then 20.
I know one admin in some Promisance game that set 100 attack limit.
He destroyed the blance in the game.
Because if you raising the attack limit you also should raise the networth attack limit: for example:
If your net is 20 million, you cant attack someone with 40 million without losing about 2-3% of your army.
And you cant attack at all someone that have three times higher net then yours.

Also i think we should make attack limit on clans too.
Because right now its very bad idea to be a clan member.
I even don't thinking ever to get in, you becoming very vulnerable in clan.

RS-Wolf Methos