CPU QUOTA SILVER SCREEN OF DEATH.

Started by Vulpes Romanorum, December 05, 2007, 10:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulpes Romanorum

I'm getting this quite alot for no apparent reason at all. I'm on my way ordering my minions(err, citizens) to destroy the enemy and make me(Err, the Republic) stronger ect. Then, the Silver Screen of CPU Quota appears and locks me out  for some time, at an alarming frequency. It also occurs sometimes when I am browsing the forums. Is it just me, or has anyone else had this issue and is there any way to fix it?

wolf bite

It is that the game is using up too much of the server's memory.  Now that the forum has been moved to the same site, it is using more memory and going down more often. We are working on getting more server space ... or something. Just keep clicking for a minute or 2 and you will log back in. everyone else will be out also so you will not have missed much.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

windhound

Forum isnt really to blame wolf
Its fairly light on the server

Its running turns in the game that causes it, as it requires processing power on the side of the server
the server is lazy and doesnt like doing work.  if forced to do too much work it'll lock us out for 5-10 min

We're looking at a solution
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

bjornredtail

0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Peace Alliance

It's a popular topic among the staff right now.

bjornredtail

That doesn't really answer the question... Epically since each staff member seems to have their own explanation of what is going wrong, and no one is mentioning any specific function of the game that is inefficient (In either memory or CPU). I'm curious as to what testing procedures you are using to try and find the bottleneck. That being said, tracking down this problem isn't exactly easy.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

windhound

*nudges Nev*
go take a look at the dev section over at faf
thats the solution we're talking about.  or atleast the one I had inmind

btw, its processor power thats the problem here, not memory usage.  we're not killing the server, its locking us out when we use its processor too much for too long.  the fun of shared hosting, faf has been having to deal with somthing similar, only more random
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

I was blocked for like 4hours yesterday  >:(
Curse you proccesor power!What I get is "this site does not exist" and "view temporary site" and stuff like that.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.