Long term Rat-strat

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2009, 12:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Stoats are ok for attack, but they die easily and they give less cash/turn than skiffs. If you are indying for lasting net, you are better off with skiffs. They are also excellent for building up a cash base to run a defense strat from.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

As far as troop type goes, I always play it by ear.

Rats: a quick way to break almost anyone, but costly on food!

Weasels: there are odd times when weasels will break people... They're also good for stopping standard strikes because of their high defense points, and they're good for protecting cities.

Stoats: sort of like an all-purpose troop to me. I use them when i'm in doubt. They're good for offense, good for standard strikes, decent for defense, not TOO hard on resources, great for trade and give lots of NW. I have soloed with just stoats and been fine just buying food from mercs

Skiffs: I usually don't use skiffs to attack, if you end up attacking somebody who also has skiffs, the losses are few but costly. I will use skiffs if i need to make money or NW.

Holby

These are all excellent tips.

Unfortunately, indying solo means you will eventually hit a brick wall. The only way to increase your Net run by run is to finish with more land than last time. And while this brings back an excellent defensive element, at the end of the day, it's a dead end street.

Yes, I'm preaching doom and gloom, and playing leaders is the only salvation for consistent net increase, but that's the fact of the game. Indying will make fantastic amounts of Net fast, but it can't work effectively by itself.
I will not deleted this

Shadow

Defensive indy can work wonders solo
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Daryn

i had 2bil food this round but i sold it for more troops
last round i had 12 bil food and got up to around #7 with 400mil net
the farming strat is an easy way to get to the top
Pies.