Free rice

Started by The Lady Shael, November 25, 2007, 06:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

www.freerice.com

I'm not advertising, I'm sharing a cool site. And it's for a good cause.

It's a vocab game, and for every word you get right, they donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations to help end world hunger.

I'm not sure if it's real or a hoax, but either way the vocab part is fun. My highest level so far is 41. (and I don't cheat, by the way)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

CORRECT!
stoat = ermine

haha

I donated 1500 grains of rice
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

I donated 6000 a couple days ago. =p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

windhound

freerice.com is connected to The World Food Programme, http://www.wfp.org/english/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeRice
the rice is sponsored by the ads on each page
if you look through the faq word difficulty is adjusted based on how many people get it wrong, which is kinda neat

nice find
I got to 40 without missing one, then it started throwing rather random words I havnt seen before...
...which is probably why I also cant do crosswords...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

46 highest so far, 440 grains donated.

Edit: 50, 1100 grains. Took me awhile though.

Edit again: 50, 1280... got bored of it.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

o.o Weird, I thought there were only 50 levels...

Gen. Volkov

You're right... I mistyped. XD. Mind was somewhere else.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES