Troop Ratios

Started by fingo, November 12, 2007, 09:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingo

Anyone know or know where I can find out the troop ratios?
I can only remember Rats are 2:1 and that Weasels are bad.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

wolf bite

Troop   Offense   Defense
Rats      2 - 1
Weasels        3 - 5
Stoats         5 - -2
Skiffs      6 - 8

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

White Fang

Did something change since the game guide went down? 'Cause Weasels used to be 2-6 and Stoats 5-3.

Shadow

weasels are 2-6 and stoats have always been 5-2

i suspect wolf bite just hit the wrong key, because im sure a change like that would have been posted

its not hard to check though, just buy 1 of each troop from mercs and see how your OP/DP change
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

But keep in mind that your OP/DP displayed is effected by the race multipliers.

Shadow

Alright, I have Peace convinced, and I will see what wolf says to my math arguments. What do I need to do to convince Shael?

The Lady Shael

Shael is not convince-able, sorry. I only do what wolf and Peace tell me to. (most of the time XD)

And Shael would like to add that she thinks stoats /were/ 5-3 at the very beginning...and weasels were 2-6. Because when I joined, I looked up the ratios and memorized them and it's just stuck with me for 5 years.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

aha. well I haven't seen wolf online in a bit so here is my argument:

100% leaders reduces losses in leader suicides by 34%, meaning that the defender loses 3.3% instead of 5%. Therefore, the new equation becomes y=a0.967^x. 21 suicides leaves the defender with a ratio of 86.5, meaning that your attacking ratio has to be 156 to open attack op. To succeed in this, you need close to 90% of the defender's land, which is incredibly difficult within 450 turns. Someone would have to spend about half their tuens scraping the game for land and have barely anything left over to actually do damage with when they are done.
It's not impossible to do, but it just isn't worth using any other strat. These training settings make stoat as close to invincible as it ever will be even when it is at full land, let alone that it can only be taken down before it loses any. I'd say that these settings make every strat other than stoat/leader strats obsolete as far as actually winning a round goes.

Peace's changes to academy may or may not improve the situation; we have yet to see. I am sure there is a way to balance leader strats with industry strats, but these settings are not that way.

White Fang

You posted in the wrong topic, man. Might be a bit of confusion for those who haven't seen the other.

Shadow

no this is the right topic. I want wolf to see this as my argument for removing troop trainning for leaders. The effective leadering post was an attempt to explain leader math. this is an application of leader math. :-P

Percy

Rats 2:1
Weasels 2:6
Stoats 5:3
Skiffs: 6:8

Shadow

Quote from: Percy on November 17, 2007, 09:38:11 PM
Rats 2:1
Weasels 2:6
Stoats 5:3
Skiffs: 6:8

stoats are 5-2, I just verified using stoat (no defensive multiplier)