My lovely lady lumps

Started by Peace Alliance, October 15, 2007, 11:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

whether it's for serious or not, i still don't understand how people who care about the human race can dance to a song that belittles their gender, and mankind itself. "my lovely lady lumps" is an objectification of woman, and a insinuation that men are shallow enough to be swayed by such idiocy. I definitely know that the song isn't meant to be taken seriously, but even if you take it at face value this kind of music is terrible. People DO actually take this stuff seriously. All across the world people are going through --heck-- because of the idea's that are portrayed in music like this.

i don't think i'll be goin to the bar anymore

kell

yea that band and 50cent i just can't listen to, its rubbish and pure filth
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

windhound

ah, but its the stuff that sells innit?
most mainstream (c)rap is about murder, crime, bling, etc.

interesting what this says about our culture eh?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

kell

yea well i for one don't listen to crap rap on frickin tap
(catchy maybe ill make it 3mins and get a record deal)
founder of eire

Peace Alliance

Bah, all i know is it was dollar shots night so i went there excited, but i bought only one drink before i was too bitter and angry to stay there any longer. My friends were all disappointed, when i told them i was leaving because i currently hated mankind...

I seriously wish people would start getting some backbone though. Or more accurately just develope a sense of awareness when it comes to what theyre doing. I know for sure some of my friends are pretty strict when it comes to their equal womans rights and all that stuff, but then they go out and dance to that stuff and i dont know how anyone ever took them seriously

windhound

dang sticker
if it was just that song you probably could have grimaced and sat through it for the next, the shots woulda helped =P
the next song probably would have been about the same, but you never know
most people dont even listen to the words, if you can even understand them
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

kell

$1 a shot??????????????

its 4.5-5 euro here im so going to canada
founder of eire

Peace Alliance

lol, well the bars are goin nuts because of the strike and doin cheap drinks to try to win over the strike partyers!

actually i made it through that song, 2 songs later there was one about how much "butt" the rapper gets (apparently a lot). at this point a friend of mine sat down and said "i can't dance to this, it's way too disgusting and sexist"... i was like "YOU JUST DANCED TO LADY LUMPS!!!"
then i left...

prolly didn't make a good impression with that girl either, but seriously someone had to tell 'er.

RazorClaw

are you kidding? that song is a heartwarming commentary on racial equality and integration. "mix your milk with my cocoa puff"? is it not obvious?

you guys should look up "what what (in the butt)" on youtube. hiLARIOUS.

windhound

taekwondokid42

Quote from: RazorClaw on October 16, 2007, 09:15:37 PM
are you kidding? that song is a heartwarming commentary on racial equality and integration. "mix your milk with my cocoa puff"?

I'm pretty sure that you cannot tell the race of the girl he is dancing with in the song.

What I don't get is why people even make songs like that. Couldn't they put different words to such a catchy tune?

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Peace Alliance

there /must/ be a market for me in the bar scene...

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES