Ruh oh

Started by Holby, October 23, 2007, 05:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota 

Please contact this site's webmaster.

Wait a few minutes and use your browser's "Back" button or click here to try again.
I will not deleted this

Wolf Snare

I had this problem before aswell. Logging out for 5 minutes fixed the problem for me...
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

bjornredtail

I wonder if Shael has gotten to calculating run times and O(n) figures in her CSC classes yet?

Wait a minute...
O(n^2) would take a while, particularly if n is all players in DB. It also seems that this performance difficulty is intermittent. Does this only happen when the cron script is run? How does RWL re-sort all of its players again?
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Shadow

it's happened a few times to me, notably while i was in the middle ok killing peace in the storehouse round ^_^

just exit rovl and wait for 5-10 mins
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

bjornredtail

Acctually, now that I've been thinking about it, there is a quick and dirty way of finding out just how much CPU the stuff that is run on cron is taking:

time php whatever script runs the cron stuff >> logfile.log

That would simply log the CPU time needed for each time the turns/scores/whatever cron job is run. I'm not entirely sure how useful the numbers would be though.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!