Game Description

Started by Peace Alliance, October 14, 2007, 03:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

a redesign of the front page is in my current plans.

This page is one that will be shown to anyone who has come to this website for the first time, so returning players will get a different page (also redesigned).

The problem is i have the hardest time coming up with a description of this game that would intrigue new-comers, sound really fun an interesting, and also inform people what the game is like. Some issues i have are that i don't want the game to sound to "nerdy" or more accurately: segregated from mainstream public. It needs to sound like an approachable game for anyone.

So, what i would like you all to do here is tell me a few crucial details by answering the following questions:

how did you find RWL?
what was your first impression or the site?
what was your first impression of the game?
what originally sparked your interest?
what sort of things usually attract your interest elsewhere on the internet?

And finally, feel free to add anything in you think would sound or look good on the front page.

thank you all for helping out!! please be thorough!

Shadow

Welcome to RWL, a text-based strategy game played within a close-knit community of dedicated players. New players are always welcome, and some of the "oldbies" would be more than happy to help you learn the ropes. RWL is enjoyable on any many levels. New players can easily achieve success with some of the basic strategies, or have fun just playing around. For more dedicated players there are infinite opportunities for discovering new strategies as you advance in in the game.? Throughout this is the friendly social atmosphere that keeps players hooked for years with minimal time investment. Feel free to make an account, browse the forums and get into one of the most addictive games on the web.

Just something i threw together in a few free minutes, feel free to change/use/discard it as you see fit.

how did you find RWL?
I started playing in the first era, what 5 years ago? A friend suggested I signed up. Since then I've been playing on and off. Old members never really quit, they ALWAYS come back. It's a game like no other.

Relatively simple, which is a good thing. It has evolved over the years; the adminstrators are very active and helpful.

Simple to learn but it would take a lifetime to perfect. There is always something more out there waiting to be discovered that wasn't originally intended in the game design.

I knew a few other people who played it; it seemed to be the cool thing to do at the time.

Appearences are everything. I will only stay on a webpage if it is well thought out, clear and concise. Luckily an artist is on the development team  :-)
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

how did you find RWL?
     -links!  I started at redwall.org and ended up here
     -fairly friendly looking, easy on the eyes..  free game?  ok
     -simple enough in theory, hard enough in practice.  limited number of things I could poke (compared to now) made it seem less threatening...   community was nice, people rp'd ingame, answered questions.  I didnt join the forum for about two weeks for some reason I cant remember, I think I followed holby in. 
     -games?  on teh internets?!  with people as players!?!  in all seriousness it was the first free online game I came across.  there were some flash games and such, but those didnt count.  it looked interesting, so I signed up and played around
     -good design first and formost.  if the sites' ugly I might stick around for what I came for, then scoot.  if its a nice, elegant, reasonably simple design I'll be more apt to poke around. 

http://web.archive.org/web/20030215145305/rwl.xepher.net/promisance.php?action=top10
I'd never noticed that my archived attack number was 666
Windhounds #116 FTW!
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

*bump*

thanks windy. Anyone else??

Shadow

no thanks to shadow  :-(

lol
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

how did you find RWL?

Friend directed me too it.

I thought it was kind of like ArchMage.

Umm. I liked it. Simple, easy to pick up and do well at.

Had a friend who played it.

Flashy stuff, funny stuff, intelligent conversation.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

Intelligent whatverwhation?

Gen. Volkov

Well, on that front I have been sorely disappointed by you Ollie, but otherwise I like RWL well enough. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

Yup, he has had his finger up us nose for a year now.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

it makes me smarter!!

[edit]
and now back to our regularly scheduled program.