A Race Guide

Started by Peace Alliance, August 02, 2007, 12:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Give this a read over, we'll have it up on it's own page soon:

A Race Guide

Lizard: Defensive Industrialist

Description: Lizards have the highest defense bonus in the game. This means if you can sustain a large army you?ll have a very large advantage when fending off opposing armies. Lizards have very little strength with leaders, which means they are better off focusing on armies. The Lizards special ability Fortify gives it an additional 10% bonus defense. It also gives lizards a 10% defense bonus against leader attacks, which allows the lizard to withstand some leader-heavy races easier.

Strategies: Lizards weaknesses are in that it?s very hard to support a large army. So one thing the lizard might do is work with more resource-heavy races such as the Wolf, or Stoat. The Lizard is a great asset to any group that?s trying to hold land, simply have the lizard take the last run of the evening taking all the land from his allies, then he will have a better chance of keeping the land from opposing attackers. This is also a good strategy because Lizards are very poor attackers, so taking land from allies who have let down their defense is a good way to thrive. Also taking land from opponents who have recently been weakened is a good way to become stronger. Alliance with attack-heavy races like wildcat or rat would be helpful.

Rat: Offensive Industrialist

Description: The Rat is an offense-heavy race. Attacking is what Rats do best! The race is so devoted to attacking, in fact, that it may be hard to sustain the food or money required for such endeavors. Some careful strategy should be considered on how to avoid this problem.

Strategies: Rats often have a hard time having enough food to sustain the large offensive armies. Sacking is one solution to this, if you?re attacking someone who?s resource-heavy. Otherwise some good idea?s are to ally with resource-heavy races like Wolf or Stoat. The Rat is often useful to a team in that it can be used to break tough opponents. If the rat takes the first run of the night, he can break through the more challenging opponents and weaken them for his or her opponents.

Wildcat:  Leader/Industrialist

Description: Wildcat is designed to be a very diverse and unique race. Wildcats can be leader-heavy or industry-strong and still be productive. A mix is also possible, using the races special spell Pressgang to make large armies while maintaining a industrial strategy.

Strategies: A good strategy for a wildcat is to save up loyalty and then summon a huge army. To do this, you might want to ally with a loyalty-heavy race like the Wolf or Stoat. Or just save it up on your own. Then you switch most of your land to tents because the Pressgang spell converts Workers into army! The more workers you have the more army your pressgang spell can produce. It?s also possible that you might sell this army to make lots of money, and then continue the process again.

Marten: Leader-heavy Moneymaker

Description: Marten?s special spell is Gold-mine. This spell produces much more money per cast then the regular loot spell. That means martens have a great ability to make lots of money.

Strategy: The hardest thing for a marten will be having loyalty. Since it?s very easy to make money ? and thus purchase a large army. It would be a good idea to think of ways to obtain lots of loyalty. Wolves and Stoats are both good allies to have because of their loyalty-making capabilities. Martens are useful in return, since they can make so much money and send it away.

Stoat: Offensive Leader Race

Description: Stoats are the most aggressive of the leader races. You should be very wiry of a stoat because he has a heightened ability to steal, murder, poison any many other things.

Strategy: Take lots of land, build huts, and then cast the Academy spell to get your ratio up quickly. Then proceed to offensively attack your opponents. Take money, murder armies? Basically you can be a pain. Stoats are a good ally to have, since much like rat the stoat is a perfect tool to break through people?s leaders. Having a stoat on your team could mean life or death in a war.

Wolf: Leader mass-producer

Description: Wolves have long since been known as mass producers. Their new spell, Enrich, gives them even more worth. Wolf produces the most amount of loyalty in the game, which makes them a worthy ally for anyone. They also have the capability to make the most amount of food. The enrich spell also makes food production for the wolves clan mates go up. Basically a wolf is a very handy thing to have in your clan.

Fox: Sly

Description: 2 days left to reset and your enemy?s think they?ve got this round for sure? But suddenly out of nowhere the Fox sneaks into first place and nobody saw it comin! That?s what the fox is for, with the cloaking spell that gives them the ability to hide their true networth.

Strategy: You can remain low and hidden all you want, but to make that jump into first meaningful you?re probably going to want some powerful allies who can help you store up. You?re also the perfect option for a clan that wants to store a lot of food, money, or troops and wants it to remain secret.

Painted One: Clean slate

Description: You have no positives or negatives. Play this race as you?d like, it?s a good opportunity to prove that you can make it to the top regardless of what race you are!

Strategy: Totally up to you, there are no limitations or strengths to this race.

The Lady Shael

Shael's Notes:

Wildcat: The spell works, but not fairly. Shael is sure that most of you know the flaw in this mission, and she frowns upons those who are taking advantage of it. *coughDash* It will definitely be fixed soon.

Fox: This mission also works, but not completely. Your networth appears to go down, but your true rank will remain. That's not intentional...I'm very close to fixing this, until then, just hold tight. And convince your enemies that the ranks just haven't refreshed yet.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

White Fang

Doesn't Skiff have a troop multiplier of 1.0? At any rate, I had no way of knowing which troop type's Pressgang production would remain the same, and which ones would change...so there was no impartial way to judge. Had it been mentioned that X troop type's Pressgang production was the "correct" one, then I would have used that type, and that type only.

Anyway, considering our small player base, is having so many interdependent races really a good idea?

Peace Alliance

Encourages people to get more to join so they can have allies to work with.

Gen. Volkov

You set Pressgang back to full strength Shael? As in, one can abuse it again? Well, I hope you fix it /very/ soon then.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

I didn't set Pressgang back to anything....the whole spell was revised and renamed to "Pressgang Conscription" from the Duels round and on.

I'm not even sure how the old Pressgang worked, but with this one, it's really best to use it with your training settings to 100% skiffs, since skiffs are the most valuable troop type.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

Well, in the old mission, it was based of troop strength, and could be used to get ungodly amounts of troops by exploiting that bug, so what I was asking was, does in work like that mission, or is there some other flaw I don't know about?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Peace Alliance

The new spell converts workers to soldiers based on your troop production percentages. The issue is atm all the troops are considered the same amount, so you'll get the same skiffs as you do rats

Gen. Volkov