The Best Species

Started by mattgwen, July 02, 2007, 08:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattgwen

Which is the best species to be? A wildcat or a stoat? Or is there another animal that has a better advantage?
~Matteo the Mighty

kell

it all depends on the strat your using, every species is good at somethings and bad at others so it all depends on what type of player you are
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Gen. Volkov

Wolf, Marten, and maybe stoat are among the best. Wildcat has been crud ever since they nerfed pressgang. They may have fixed that now though, so try one and see how you do.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

mattgwen

I'm fairly new. I made an account more than a month ago, but I didn't  do much with it. Also, I noticed most of the players were stoats when I searched for other warlords.
~Matteo the Mighty

Peace Alliance

mmmyah volkov, we've redone ALL the race specials... You guys should really be tryin out the new ones. The current pressgang is actually quite powerful if you play it right.

Shadow

what is the ratio for new pressgang? if its not too high you could probably combine intel and indy in a strat based around huts and tents...
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

Hmm, I might have to switch races, cause stoat is average.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

idunno

Quote from: Shadow on July 14, 2007, 03:50:13 PM
what is the ratio for new pressgang? if its not too high you could probably combine intel and indy in a strat based around huts and tents...

90 I believe.

And yeah ive thought about dat strat.

Shadow

lol my ratio on turbo atm is around 4500
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

idunno

Then Im fairly sure you would be able to do it (correct me if im wrong)  :-D

Wolf Snare

It's a matter of perspective and strategy. Stoat, marten and wolf are all decent with leader based strategies, while rat is the leader for indying strats.
Of course there are strategies left to be discovered with the new setup, such as a combination of intel and indy with the wildcat setup. Lizard seems like a decent race to run an enperor strategy with aswell. All in how you look at it.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Alazar is Back

the races were just balanced so all of them are good depending on your strategy, if you need help with strategies see wolf bite's journal!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

taekwondokid42

Wildcat only works until you run out of loyalty.

Tried it :D

the best part of the pressgang is that they don't take in the race multiplier, so if you are getting 100 of everything, you can change it to 400 skiffs, meaning it is pointless to make any other sort of race.

The Lady Shael

Yeah...that's definitely a temporary thing. -.-
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.