market taxes

Started by Shadow, August 27, 2007, 05:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

the 20% tax should be levied when you put stuff on the market rather than when you take it off... as things stand there is absolutely no reason for someone to take their stuff off the market

or perhaps 10% when it goes on and 10% when it comes off
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

I don't agree. I don't think you realize how vulnerable you are on the market. If you did that, people would stop putting things on the market, and that would ruin the ability to steal their food. The only way you could lower their networth then would be to poison them, and I'd rather steal/buy food so the actual resources are not lost.

Shadow

you are forgetting sack - it cuts net without wasting food

as is, there is 0 tax on the market. you are not taking it off, hence you are not gettin taxed, and that is not the idea behind the pub market tax

taekwondokid42

The problem with sack is that if you spend all 450 turns sacking someone, you will still wind up with a very insignificant amount of NW.

Shadow

well as is, market resources are almost untouchable. snare's market stealing strat depends on a few people working together OR clans, so we can discount it for this round at least

the market giving net was a good idea, but it removed market taxes from the picture, and this needs to be addressed

taekwondokid42

lol, did you not see what happened this round?

iduuno pretty much got owned. There is no clan requirement for market stealing.

More on that at the end of the round...

Shadow

I was away for a week, I missed it.

perhaps i spoke too soon about the market stealing not working lol

but the fact remains that stuff on the market isnt gettin taxed like it was intended to